Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Image bordered div Vol. II

Image bordered div Vol. II

toxee

This is an update to this discussion from a few weeks ago:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...hread/6189553b...

http://www.tssarcade.com/
I adapted nik's nesting technique as best I could and it seems to be
much more reliable across browsers than the floating method I was
using before. Only problem is the lower left hand corner is out of
sync. Managed to work through every other roadblock I noticed, but
this has me stumped. Any insight on this little problem?

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2009-01-25, toxee wrote:
> This is an update to this discussion from a few weeks ago:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...hread/6189553b...
>
> http://www.tssarcade.com/

<http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/tsarcade.jpg>

Author:

toxee

On Jan 25, 2:29 am, "Chris F.A. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2009-01-25, toxee wrote:
> > This is an update to this discussion from a few weeks ago:
> >http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...hread/6189553b...

> >http://www.tssarcade.com/

> <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/tsarcade.jpg>

Yes, the text is overlapping the background image when made larger,
maybe some padding or decrease in paragraph width. Not exactly sure if
that's what you're trying to show me.

toxee

On Jan 25, 4:14 am, toxee <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2:29 am, "Chris F.A. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:> On 2009-01-25, toxee wrote:
> > > This is an update to this discussion from a few weeks ago:
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...hread/6189553b...

> > >http://www.tssarcade.com/

> > <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/tsarcade.jpg>

> Yes, the text is overlapping the background image when made larger,
> maybe some padding or decrease in paragraph width. Not exactly sure if
> that's what you're trying to show me.

I think I figured it out. It was the way I was saving the images,
there was extra background pixels in some of the jpegs making it
appear as if the corner div was out of sync but it wasn't.

Allodoxaphobia

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:29:04 +0000, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> On 2009-01-25, toxee wrote:
>> This is an update to this discussion from a few weeks ago:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...hread/6189553b...
>>
>> http://www.tssarcade.com/

> <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/tsarcade.jpg>

<http://jonz.net/testing/tsarcade.jpg>

toxee

On Jan 25, 7:02 pm, Allodoxaphobia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:29:04 +0000, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> > On 2009-01-25, toxee wrote:
> >> This is an update to this discussion from a few weeks ago:
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...hread/6189553b...

> >>http://www.tssarcade.com/

> > <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/tsarcade.jpg>

> <http://jonz.net/testing/tsarcade.jpg>

Can you guys tell me what browsers these were taken in? What could be
doing this, right now for me it's only happening in Mozilla Suite.
Every other browser has the content right in the center.

toxee

On Jan 26, 7:02 am, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> toxee wrote:
> >> <http://jonz.net/testing/tsarcade.jpg>

> > Can you guys tell me what browsers these were taken in? What could be
> > doing this, right now for me it's only happening in Mozilla Suite.
> > Every other browser has the content right in the center.

> http://edmullen.net/temp/seamonkey1....t/temp/ie7.jpg
>
> Two things:
>
> If I stretch the SeaMonkey and Firefox windows across both my displays
> the overlap on the right eventually clears up.
>
> Mozilla Suite is a dead product. It has been superseded by SeaMonkey
> 1.x. SeaMonkey 2 is now in Alpha form.
>
> --
> Ed Mullenhttp://edmullen.net
> All that glitters has a high refractive index.

I was using it just to see how an older non-ie browser would render
the site. Nice to know Mozilla Suite isn't dead, posting from
SeaMonkey right now.