Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: menu not wrapping IE 8

Re: menu not wrapping IE 8

Jukka K. Korpela

basilisk wrote:

> Have a look at my site in IE 8 if you will,

Why would we?

"IE 8" is beta software, which means that nobody should use it unless he
wants to submit bug reports on it to its developers (or for some very
special reason, like writing a book on IE .

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

basilisk

"Jukka K. Korpela" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsPnel.123022$(E-Mail Removed) i.fi...
> basilisk wrote:
>
>> Have a look at my site in IE 8 if you will,

> Why would we?
>
> "IE 8" is beta software, which means that nobody should use it unless he
> wants to submit bug reports on it to its developers (or for some very
> special reason, like writing a book on IE .

Maybe MS will fix it, maybe not, and it is coming.
I'm just trying to be prepared, left in the state it is now,
my very fluid site is very broke.

basilisk

GTalbot

basilisk,

Your webpage displays correctly in IE 8 pre-RC1 Partner Build 18344
(build made around december 12th 2008, which is more than 3 months
after release of IE 8 beta 2). I resized the browser viewport
horizontally and the menu (set) of links still wrapped around. As
explained in

IE Blog, Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:12 PM
Yes, we did...
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...es-we-did.aspx

CSS-formatted horizontal menu of links have better chances to be
correctly/better rendered as we approach IE 8 RC1.

IE 8 pre-RC1 Partner Build 18344 has over 3 months of development
+debugging+tuning+bug-fixing work over IE 8 beta 2 build 18241.

Regards, Gérard
--
Internet Explorer 7 bugs: 173 bugs so far
http://www.gtalbot.org/BrowserBugsSection/MSIE7Bugs/

Menu Control Wrapping-Simple Question Don Miller ASP .Net 1 06-19-2007 10:12 AM
Side Menu Wrapping Desmond HTML 2 03-22-2007 02:29 PM
How to prevent Menu Control StaticItemTemplate from wrapping html with anchor Gery D. Dorazio ASP .Net Web Controls 0 11-18-2006 10:18 PM
horizontal menu line wrapping issue Carolyn Marenger HTML 4 03-19-2006 02:00 AM
ASP.NET label control not wrapping text in non-IE browsers Mike Casey ASP .Net 7 12-19-2003 04:56 PM

Advertisments