Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dimdows Autorun Stupidity

Dimdows Autorun Stupidity

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

Or, why turning off autorun doesn't actually turn off autorun:
<http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2410>.

Scrant

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> Or, why turning off autorun doesn't actually turn off autorun:
> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2410>.

<delurk>
You really ought to see somebody about this obsession you have with
discrediting something you don't like. I don't like liver. In fact I
loathe it. It makes me puke. But I don't send nasty notes to butchers.

You might surprise yourself and find there's more to life, like good
food, good wine, and oh so good women.

Just a thought.
</delurk>

Dave Doe

In article <glc8s5$2ll$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> > Or, why turning off autorun doesn't actually turn off autorun:
> > <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2410>.

> <delurk>
> You really ought to see somebody about this obsession you have with
> discrediting something you don't like. I don't like liver. In fact I
> loathe it. It makes me puke. But I don't send nasty notes to butchers.
>
> You might surprise yourself and find there's more to life, like good
> food, good wine, and oh so good women.
>
> Just a thought.
> </delurk>

Microsoft's Tweak UI, part of Powertoys, does a great job of disabling
autorun, or even turning off whole drives.

--
Duncan

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <glc8s5$2ll$(E-Mail Removed)>, Scrant wrote:

> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>> Or, why turning off autorun doesn't actually turn off autorun:
>> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2410>.

> You really ought to see somebody about this obsession you have with
> discrediting something you don't like.

Selective memory strikes again. If you read this newsgroup, you'll see that
I post on a great variety of things. Yet it seems to be primarily the
Microsoft comments that attract the trolls and retards. Is that my fault?

Dave Doe

In article <glcjpa$hni$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
says...
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
> >>
> >> <delurk>
> >> You really ought to see somebody about this obsession you have with
> >> discrediting something you don't like. I don't like liver. In fact I
> >> loathe it. It makes me puke. But I don't send nasty notes to
> >> butchers.
> >>
> >> You might surprise yourself and find there's more to life, like good
> >> food, good wine, and oh so good women.
> >>
> >> Just a thought.
> >> </delurk>

> > Microsoft's Tweak UI, part of Powertoys, does a great job of disabling
> > autorun, or even turning off whole drives.

> Yeah, anyone who's been using Windows for a while knows that....
>
> Not so Larry. Poor sad ****. I mean, FFS! He even got Scrant to de-lurk!
>
> Have a good weekend all,

I never see his messages

--
Duncan

greg

Bobs wrote:
> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>>> You really ought to see somebody about this obsession you have with
>>> discrediting something you don't like.

>> Selective memory strikes again. If you read this newsgroup, you'll see
>> that
>> I post on a great variety of things. Yet it seems to be primarily the
>> Microsoft comments that attract the trolls and retards. Is that my fault?

> You're a troll, Larry. Your obsession with Windows is pathetic. As
> pointed out, if you dislike something just ignore it. I dislike Mac OSX
> but you don't see much posting **** about it every day. You don't like
> Windows. We get it. You don't need to tell us every day about what
> problems it has. It's a complicated piece of software, just like every
> OS. I'm sure there's thousands of bugs, just like Linux and MacOSX. We
> don't care - move on.
>
> Plus Autorun is easily disabled I might add. Not that I expect you to
> know that.

Lawrence still hasn't got a life yet.... maybe we can all put some money
in and buy him a nice girl for a few hours, it might help calm him down
a bit *grin*

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <497a8ff9$(E-Mail Removed)>, Bobs wrote:

> ... Autorun is easily disabled I might add.

Not so easily, it appears <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2410>.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
> In article <glc8s5$2ll$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>>> Or, why turning off autorun doesn't actually turn off autorun:
>>> <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2410>.

>> <delurk>
>> You really ought to see somebody about this obsession you have with
>> discrediting something you don't like. I don't like liver. In fact I
>> loathe it. It makes me puke. But I don't send nasty notes to
>> butchers.
>>
>> You might surprise yourself and find there's more to life, like good
>> food, good wine, and oh so good women.
>>
>> Just a thought.
>> </delurk>

> Microsoft's Tweak UI, part of Powertoys, does a great job of disabling
> autorun, or even turning off whole drives.

Yeah, anyone who's been using Windows for a while knows that....

Not so Larry. Poor sad ****. I mean, FFS! He even got Scrant to de-lurk!

Have a good weekend all,
--
Shaun.

he`ll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, Bobs wrote:

> [Autorun] can be disabled in about 5 seconds.

Not reliably, it appears <http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=2410>.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
> In article <glcjpa$hni$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> says...
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
>>> In article <glc8s5$2ll$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...

>>> Microsoft's Tweak UI, part of Powertoys, does a great job of
>>> disabling autorun, or even turning off whole drives.

>> Yeah, anyone who's been using Windows for a while knows that....
>>
>> Not so Larry. Poor sad ****. I mean, FFS! He even got Scrant to
>> de-lurk!
>>
>> Have a good weekend all,

> I never see his messages

Me either, only replies, of which there are an inordinate amount.

Cheers,

OT: Thursday Stupidity Briscobar MCSE 11 06-30-2005 10:28 PM
Rare Beavis and Butthead VIRTUAL STUPIDITY Rare Old Things DVD Video 1 01-28-2005 01:17 AM
in the valley of spam stupidity on spam removing nota chance Computer Support 4 08-08-2004 10:44 PM
grasping a Usenet stupidity anthonyberet Computer Support 3 05-28-2004 06:30 AM
FINALLY FIXED (That's to the stupidity on my part) MatGyver Cisco 0 10-29-2003 09:48 PM

Advertisments