Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > comp.lang.java.programmer

comp.lang.java.programmer

osrgobi@gmail.com

comp.lang.java.programmer

Arne Vajh°j

> comp.lang.java.programmer

Yes.

And ?

Arne

blue indigo

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:34:24 -0500, Arne Vajh°j wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> comp.lang.java.programmer

> Yes.
>
> And ?

When I saw this, I thought "wtf?". Then I hit H and saw the crucial piece
of evidence:

If you don't reply to them, I don't see them.

I wouldn't have mentioned it, except that there's another thread where
some trolling Goggle Groper left a drive-by post and Lars Enderin replied.
That makes two occurrences in as many days.

DNFTT, please.

Thanks.

P.S. http://improve-usenet.org/

--
blue indigo
UA Telecom since 1987

Arne Vajh°j

blue indigo wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 18:34:24 -0500, Arne Vajh°j wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> comp.lang.java.programmer

>> Yes.
>>
>> And ?

> When I saw this, I thought "wtf?". Then I hit H and saw the crucial piece
> of evidence:

> If you don't reply to them, I don't see them.

Many people use GG.

Lots of spammers and a few good people.

You are free to killfile GG if you prefer so, but do not
expect or ask others to do the same.

> I wouldn't have mentioned it, except that there's another thread where
> some trolling Goggle Groper left a drive-by post and Lars Enderin replied.
> That makes two occurrences in as many days.
>
> DNFTT, please.

I don't think the above is a troll.

Nothing trollish about it.

It looks more like someone that does not understand how cjlp works.

Arne

blue indigo

On Thu, 5623 Sep 1993 21:04:31 -0500, Arne Vajh°j wrote:

> blue indigo wrote:

> I don't think the above is a troll.
>
> Nothing trollish about it.
>
> It looks more like someone that does not understand how cjlp works.

It looks more like someone that does not understand how usenet works.

But if you think he can be educated and eventually contribute usefully,
you're welcome to try.

Me, I'm still waiting for October 1993 over here.

--
blue indigo
UA Telecom since 1987

Mike Schilling

Arne Vajh°j wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> comp.lang.java.programmer

> Yes.
>
> And ?

My guess is that this message is a request to "subscribe" to this
newsgroup.

Andreas Leitgeb

blue indigo <(E-Mail Removed) d.invalid> wrote:
> On Thu, 5623 Sep 1993 21:04:31 -0500, Arne Vajh°j wrote:

> Me, I'm still waiting for October 1993 over here.

Strange bug. Seems as if the passage between days and months was
somehow jammed. What a mess! It must take you at least 15 years
to get entirely cleaned up!

Good luck, and holding the thumbs for you that the passage from
months to years is not also clogged, or else you'd end up with a
yet unknown month name that no one will be able to understand.

Arne Vajh°j

Mike Schilling wrote:
> Arne Vajh°j wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>> comp.lang.java.programmer

>> Yes.
>>
>> And ?

> My guess is that this message is a request to "subscribe" to this
> newsgroup.

Very plausible.

Arne

blue indigo

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:11:22 +0000, Andreas Leitgeb wrote:

> blue indigo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On Thu, 5623 Sep 1993 21:04:31 -0500, Arne Vajh°j wrote:

>> Me, I'm still waiting for October 1993 over here.

> Strange bug. Seems as if the passage between days and months was
> somehow jammed. What a mess! It must take you at least 15 years
> to get entirely cleaned up!
>
> Good luck, and holding the thumbs for you that the passage from
> months to years is not also clogged, or else you'd end up with a
> yet unknown month name that no one will be able to understand.

*sigh*

Maybe it's time I accepted that this just isn't the same net I grew up on
back in the eighties and early nineties.

I've unkillfiled google groups, though I've kept certain gropers killfiled
and others scored down. I'll see if the netnews becomes unbearably clogged
with spam and trollage again and if narrower killfiles of specific gropers
suffice to make it bearable again.

"Bollywood sex world" gets the dubious honor of being the first of these.

--
blue indigo
UA Telecom since 1987

Arne Vajh°j

blue indigo wrote:
> I've unkillfiled google groups, though I've kept certain gropers

killfiled
> and others scored down. I'll see if the netnews becomes unbearably clogged
> with spam and trollage again and if narrower killfiles of specific gropers
> suffice to make it bearable again.

Andrew Thompson is frequently/always posting via GG and
his posts are worth reading !

Arne