Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > What firewall

What firewall

David B. Mathews

Its time to blow out my Vista Ultimate 64 bit and reinstall everything. I
have been using MacAfee Security Center but I think it is time to try
something else. Since I'm on Comcast I get the McAfee for free but used to
use PC Tools free firewall but see that it is for 32 bit only. What is a
good free firewall to use or is the Windows version good enough?

XS11E

"David B. Mathews" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Its time to blow out my Vista Ultimate 64 bit and reinstall
> everything. I have been using MacAfee Security Center but I think
> it is time to try something else. Since I'm on Comcast I get the
> McAfee for free but used to use PC Tools free firewall but see
> that it is for 32 bit only. What is a good free firewall to use
> or is the Windows version good enough?

The Vista firewall is fine but hard to configure as far as outbound is
concerned. You can find help through Google or use Vista Firewall
Control which makes outbound configuration easy, the free version is
all you'll need:

http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/index.html

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org

Jack

David,

I've been using the 64 bit COMODO firewall and it
does a good job..

You can check it out at
http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.c..._firewall.html

I haven't found any reason to go to their Comodo Pro firewall..

news:(E-Mail Removed)...