Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Pulling XML data (nodes and attributes) into datagrid for easy insert, update, delete

Pulling XML data (nodes and attributes) into datagrid for easy insert, update, delete

01-22-2009
Hi Folks,

I have this XML which looks like this

I have to pull this XML on the datagrid and should be able to insert, update and delete data from the datagrid.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CMS>
<episodes>
<episode eNumber="1" ptOne="1" ptTwo="1" />
<episode eNumber="2" ptOne="1" ptTwo="0" />
<episode eNumber="3" ptOne="1" ptTwo="0" />
</episodes>
</CMS>

Earlier I was using the same XML but only with elements and not attributes and I got it all right! I am able to insert, update and delete. But this really is frustrating.

How can I use this XML to display data in a datagrid with 4 columns as follows

Serial no. | Episode Number | Part A | Part B | Edit | Delete

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
Aditi