Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Movie Maker Help

Windows Movie Maker Help

paris

Greetings ....

I am new to Windows Movie Maker. I just started using it 2 days
ago - and already I made my 1st slideshow movie. I'm really
proud of it too. It really wasn't that hard. Just took a while
getting use to all the tools. Well anyway here is the link to my
movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15BdzMlUIn8

It might make you cry. I hope you like it. Maybe you can give
me some tips.

But here is a BIG Question of mine.

Suppose on one of my image clips for the slide show - as the music
is playing in the <BG> what if I wanted a sound effect to sound off,
like
a siren or something ... how can I do that in Windows Movie Maker?

If it's possible to do this - can someone walk me through the process?

I tried tile overlay - and stuff - but I just don't know how!

Thanks so much!

I hope you enjoy my video!

Thanks!

Paris

The Real Truth MVP

You have sound on there now, all you have to do is import the sound effect
you want and place it where you want it in the storyboard. Once placed you
will see the sound file below the storyboard and you can adjust it from
there. Yes you can have more then 1 sound at a time.

"paris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings ....
>
> I am new to Windows Movie Maker. I just started using it 2 days
> ago - and already I made my 1st slideshow movie. I'm really
> proud of it too. It really wasn't that hard. Just took a while
> getting use to all the tools. Well anyway here is the link to my
> movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15BdzMlUIn8
>
> It might make you cry. I hope you like it. Maybe you can give
> me some tips.
>
> But here is a BIG Question of mine.
>
> Suppose on one of my image clips for the slide show - as the music
> is playing in the <BG> what if I wanted a sound effect to sound off,
> like
> a siren or something ... how can I do that in Windows Movie Maker?
>
> If it's possible to do this - can someone walk me through the process?
>
> I tried tile overlay - and stuff - but I just don't know how!
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> I hope you enjoy my video!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Paris

richard

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 18:29:10 -0800 (PST), paris
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Greetings ....
>
>I am new to Windows Movie Maker. I just started using it 2 days
>ago - and already I made my 1st slideshow movie. I'm really
>proud of it too. It really wasn't that hard. Just took a while
>getting use to all the tools. Well anyway here is the link to my
>movie - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15BdzMlUIn8
>
>It might make you cry. I hope you like it. Maybe you can give
>me some tips.
>
>But here is a BIG Question of mine.
>
>Suppose on one of my image clips for the slide show - as the music
>is playing in the <BG> what if I wanted a sound effect to sound off,
>like
>a siren or something ... how can I do that in Windows Movie Maker?
>
>If it's possible to do this - can someone walk me through the process?
>
>I tried tile overlay - and stuff - but I just don't know how!
>
>Thanks so much!
>
>I hope you enjoy my video!
>
>Thanks!
>
>Paris

If you really want to do things right that way, you'll need something
a lot better.
www.deskshare.com
Check out video edit magic. This puppy has 9 tracks. In which you can
add picture in picture with fades and swipes, or if you just want to
add in a little special effect, like that siren.

They also have means to do it in flash if you want.

A sample of what I have done with it.
http://odology.1littleworld.com/griffith.html

sandy58

On Jan 22, 2:29*am, paris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Greetings ....
>
> I am new to Windows Movie Maker. *I just started using it 2 days
> ago - and already I made my 1st slideshow movie. I'm really
> proud of it too. It really wasn't that hard. Just took a while
> getting use to all the tools. *Well anyway here is the link to my
> movie -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15BdzMlUIn8
>
> It might make you cry. I hope you like it. Maybe you can give
> me some tips.
>
> But here is a BIG Question of mine.
>
> Suppose on one of my image clips for the slide show - as the music
> is playing in the <BG> what if I wanted a sound effect to sound off,
> like
> a siren or something ... how can I do that in Windows Movie Maker?
>
> If it's possible to do this - can someone walk me through the process?
>
> I tried tile overlay - and stuff - but I just don't know how!
>
> Thanks so much!
>
> I hope you enjoy my video!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Paris

Paris, ping Ken Maltby on "alt.video.dvd.authoring" & he'll set you
right. Good luck