Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: webpage gallery bg colours

Re: webpage gallery bg colours

Neredbojias

On 23 Jan 2009, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> D90 and D60.

>> I did some checking. You're right; the d90 is more of a camera than
>> the d80; unfortunately, it is considerably more expensive. Being
>> cheap at heart, I think I'll wait and, uh, see if they come out with
>> a d85 or something.

> By then, you'll just want something cheaper than the new D85, and
> will still be frozen.

Mebbe, but as little actual photography as I anticipate doing, I just
can't see the expense. I'll probably get the 80 later, -in spring,
perhaps. When the birds and the bees come out and do their thing.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/

Neredbojias

On 24 Jan 2009, William Gill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>> I did some checking. You're right; the d90 is more of a camera than
>> the d80; unfortunately, it is considerably more expensive. Being
>> cheap at heart, I think I'll wait and, uh, see if they come out with
>> a d85 or something.

> I recently got back into semi-serious photography and couldn't
> justify the price of the gear I wanted, but found the Sony a series
> much more to my liking than the Nikon. It is a nice entry level
> camera comparable to the D40 / D80 but doesn't feel like plastic.
> I'm told that Sony holds the patents on most DSLR technology, so the
> others have to pay royalties driving their prices up. That may be
> bull, but give the Sonys a look.

Okay, that's a thought. I'll investigate the Sonys online and compare
prices. Thanks.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/
http://www.neredbojias.net/
The road to Heaven is paved with bad intentions.

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias wrote:

>>> I did some checking. You're right; the d90 is more of a camera than
>>> the d80; unfortunately, it is considerably more expensive. Being cheap
>>> at heart, I think I'll wait and, uh, see if they come out with a d85 or
>>> something.

>> By then, you'll just want something cheaper than the new D85, and will
>> still be frozen.

> Mebbe, but as little actual photography as I anticipate doing, I just
> can't see the expense. I'll probably get the 80 later, -in spring,
> perhaps. When the birds and the bees come out and do their thing.

Buy a used one, then. Nikon is raising prices in February, it is being
said. Anyway, there'll be no D85 when the D90 *is* the upgrade to the D80
(and the D90 pulls in some features and technology from the higher echelon
Nikons, as well).

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups -

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2009, William Gill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Neredbojias wrote:
>>> I did some checking. You're right; the d90 is more of a camera than
>>> the d80; unfortunately, it is considerably more expensive. Being cheap
>>> at heart, I think I'll wait and, uh, see if they come out with a d85 or
>>> something.

>> I recently got back into semi-serious photography and couldn't justify
>> the price of the gear I wanted, but found the Sony a series much more to
>> my liking than the Nikon. It is a nice entry level camera comparable to
>> the D40 / D80 but doesn't feel like plastic. I'm told that Sony holds
>> the patents on most DSLR technology, so the others have to pay royalties
>> driving their prices up. That may be bull, but give the Sonys a look.

> Okay, that's a thought. I'll investigate the Sonys online and compare
> prices. Thanks.

Looks like Sony's going to raise their prices soon, as well.

--

On 25 Jan 2009, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> By then, you'll just want something cheaper than the new D85, and
>>> will still be frozen.

>> Mebbe, but as little actual photography as I anticipate doing, I
>> just can't see the expense. I'll probably get the 80 later, -in
>> spring, perhaps. When the birds and the bees come out and do their
>> thing.

> Buy a used one, then. Nikon is raising prices in February, it is
> being said.

Don't they know there is a recession going on?

> Anyway, there'll be no D85 when the D90 *is* the upgrade
> to the D80 (and the D90 pulls in some features and technology from
> the higher echelon Nikons, as well).

Yeah. Perhaps I'll give in and drop the 700 or so in a few days or
perhaps I'll follow my conscience, do the "right thing", and have more
money left to give away when I die. I'm so confused.

--

Neredbojias wrote:

>>> Mebbe, but as little actual photography as I anticipate doing, I just
>>> can't see the expense. I'll probably get the 80 later, -in spring,
>>> perhaps. When the birds and the bees come out and do their thing.

>> Buy a used one, then. Nikon is raising prices in February, it is being
>> said.

> Don't they know there is a recession going on?

I'm pretty sure they're aware of it. Expecially given their recent
financial report.

>> Anyway, there'll be no D85 when the D90 *is* the upgrade to the D80
>> (and the D90 pulls in some features and technology from the higher
>> echelon Nikons, as well).

> Yeah. Perhaps I'll give in and drop the 700 or so in a few days or
> perhaps I'll follow my conscience, do the "right thing", and have more
> money left to give away when I die. I'm so confused.

I'm not saying that the D80 isn't a worthwhile consideration (and they're
cheap now, since they're old goods), but that there's no sense in waiting
for the "D85" when it's already there -- designated "D90".

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups -

William Gill

Neredbojias wrote:

> Don't they know there is a recession going on?

<snip>

> Yeah. Perhaps I'll give in and drop the 700 or so in a few days or
> perhaps I'll follow my conscience, do the "right thing", and have more
> money left to give away when I die. I'm so confused.

Don't YOU know there is a recession going on? Pry them fingers open
from that death grip you seem to have on those dollars, and help end it!
Stuffing a mattress for someone else to have when you die is not the
way to go. Do you want the government to be the only ones spending your
money?

Neredbojias

On 25 Jan 2009, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Buy a used one, then. Nikon is raising prices in February, it is
>>> being said.

>> Don't they know there is a recession going on?

> I'm pretty sure they're aware of it. Expecially given their recent
> financial report.
>
>>> Anyway, there'll be no D85 when the D90 *is* the upgrade to the D80
>>> (and the D90 pulls in some features and technology from the higher
>>> echelon Nikons, as well).

>> Yeah. Perhaps I'll give in and drop the 700 or so in a few days or
>> perhaps I'll follow my conscience, do the "right thing", and have
>> more money left to give away when I die. I'm so confused.

> I'm not saying that the D80 isn't a worthwhile consideration (and
> they're cheap now, since they're old goods), but that there's no
> sense in waiting for the "D85" when it's already there -- designated
> "D90".

I getcha; was only joking about a "d85". Anyway, being the prudent and
wise person that I am, I'll probably abstain because it is typical of me
to make right decisions.

--

On 25 Jan 2009, William Gill <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Neredbojias wrote:
>
>> Don't they know there is a recession going on?
>>

> <snip>
>
>> Yeah. Perhaps I'll give in and drop the 700 or so in a few days or
>> perhaps I'll follow my conscience, do the "right thing", and have
>> more money left to give away when I die. I'm so confused.
>>

> Don't YOU know there is a recession going on? Pry them fingers open
> from that death grip you seem to have on those dollars, and help end
> it!
> Stuffing a mattress for someone else to have when you die is not
> the
> way to go. Do you want the government to be the only ones spending
> your money?

And so li'l ol' me is supposed to stop the whole big bad recession by
buying a camera? I think not, Yorik, although I have a plan to foil
the govt on kickoff day. Upon my death, my entire fortune will be
invested in Cuban cigars. They're illegal in this country, but what
can they dun me with if I'm dead, right? Anyway, so the govt
confiscates my whole fortune, but can they do anything with it, huh?
Hah hah, I'll be laughing all the way to, um, heaven.

--

Neredbojias wrote:

> And so li'l ol' me is supposed to stop the whole big bad recession by
> buying a camera? I think not,

And because all the li'l ol' me's of the world are having this "whole
big bad recession."