Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > HP dc7600 is 64 bit capable?

HP dc7600 is 64 bit capable?

Bobby Johnson

If the 64-bit disc boot, then your system has a CPU that
supports 64-bit.

If if didn't boot then it would mean it doesn't support 64-bit.

SteveC wrote:
> I downloaded Win7 64 and went to install it. Says it must be a clean
> install. I went to do a clean install and got cold feet because there was
> nothing to indicate it was the 64bit version so worried I was going to do a
> clean install of 32-bit.
>
> "SRC" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks. I think I shall do it. If it destroys it, so what. I can always
> start from scratch. <smile>
>
> "Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You will need 64-bit drivers for your system hardware. Looking at
>> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2096
>> you should be able to find 64-bit drivers for everything. Make sure you
>> have the latest versions them all on a USB stick or CD before installing -
>> you might be unable to access the net until at least some are installed.
>> With a 4-year old system, it is quite possible that the install will
>> include working drivers for everything.
>>
>> It would be advisable to apply the latest BIOS and firmware updates before
>> installing x64, if you have not already done so.
>>

>> "SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks for replying everyone. So not only do I need 64 bit drivers for
>> video, printers, etc, but also for the computer itself? I went to hp.com
>> and found nothing. Not that I expected to. I have the Pentium 4.
>>
>> "Tom Ferguson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> That HP series came with any one of a variety of Intel Celeron D, Pentium
>> 4,
>> or Pentium D (dual core) processors. Which your has is indicated by the
>> full
>> model number among other places. Check here for details:
>> http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/q...Specifications
>>
>> --
>>
>> Tom
>> MSMVP 1998-2007
>>

>> "SteveC" <sconklan.nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I just saw a surprising thing in the Windows Experience details:
>>
>> 64 bit capable: Yes
>>
>> This computer is two years old and has a Pentium 4, and I don't believe
>> this
>> is really 64 bit capable. I thought you had to have a processor
>> especially
>> designed. I am off to research some more. Thanks.

Dominic Payer

The x64 iso is 3.3GB and the x86 is 2.5GB. Either installer just says
Windows 7 when you install.

The x64 disk label is GB1CULXFRE_EN_DVD.
The x86 disk label is GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.