Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python 2.6.1 on CentOS

Python 2.6.1 on CentOS

sOliver sOliver is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

I am sorry but I'm a linux newbie and currently trying to install OEMM (email marketing software) on a CENTOS VPS.

While trying to install MySQL-Python which is needed i got this error:
Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.14 is needed by package MySQL-python

After doing some research I figured out that the reason is MySQL5, I need MySQL4 for the default Python.

Ok so I thought I would install Python 2.6.1 that supports MySQL5 with a prefix in a different location.
Now I don't know how to tell "yum" that I installed Python 2.6.1 somewhere else. How would I do that? If I want to install it like this: yum install MySQL-Python

Thanks for any help!
sOliver

Will feature the solution on my blog webmasterweblog.com/
so that linux newbies like me can find out how to do it.

rizwank rizwank is offline
Junior Member

Try going to here :
(I apparently can't post it - if you go to geekymedia and then dot com
and then to this page
python_26_centos.html

I've posted newer yum rpms for CentOS and python there. (Do a yum localinstall)

yaaman yaaman is offline
Junior Member

Use active python to solve this problem.