Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > radio button list - click event

radio button list - click event

Mr. X.

How can I capture a radio button list click event (code behind) ?

<asp:RadioButtonList ID="radList" runat="server"

RepeatDirection="Horizontal">

</asp:RadioButtonList>

************

What I did is (on code behind) :

radList_OnSelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
Handles radList.SelectedIndexChanged

, but it doesn't work.

Thanks

miher

Hi,

Events associated with controls not causing postback does not get fired,
until something happens that cause a postback. By default the
RadioButtonList does not cause postback so the selecteditemchanged event is
only raised when the page is posted back for some reason (button click for
example). If You would like to "see" the event immediately set the
radiobuttonlists AutoPostBack property to true.

Hope You find this useful.
-Zsolt

"Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> az alábbiakat írta a következő
üzenetben news:OW7Ox$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I capture a radio button list click event (code behind) ?
>
> <asp:RadioButtonList ID="radList" runat="server"
>
> RepeatDirection="Horizontal">

> </asp:RadioButtonList>
>
> ************
>

> What I did is (on code behind) :
>
> radList_OnSelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
> EventArgs) Handles radList.SelectedIndexChanged

> , but it doesn't work.
>

> Thanks

Mr. X.

Thanks.

I would like to learn more about postback issue,
and how asp.net is related to that ?

Thanks

miher

Hi,

If You would like to learn more about asp.net http://www.asp.net would be a
good place to start.
Theres lots of video tutorials there, just an example :
http://www.asp.net/LEARN/videos/video-12.aspx
Also check out these videos, about basic concepts.
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archi...26/439088.aspx

Have fun.
-Zsolt

"Mr. X." <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> az alábbiakat írta a következő