Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Trendnet Wireless Adaptors

Trendnet Wireless Adaptors

W. Wolfe

Does anyone know about TrendNet? I bought a USB wireless adaptor from them
and had a very basic question regarding software versions. I posted a
question on their web site, received an automated reply that I would have a
response in one business day. It has been over a week with no response.
Never have been able to get a tech to answer the 866 numnber.

Big_Al

W. Wolfe said this on 1/19/2009 1:38 PM:
> Does anyone know about TrendNet? I bought a USB wireless adaptor from them
> and had a very basic question regarding software versions. I posted a
> question on their web site, received an automated reply that I would have a
> response in one business day. It has been over a week with no response.
> Never have been able to get a tech to answer the 866 numnber.

Why don't you ask the question here and see if anyone can help you.

Yes I know about Trendnet. They a manufacturer. So my answer is
yes, but I doubt I could answer your question since I know nothing more.
See how useless it is to know if anyone knows anything about
trendnet.

smlunatick

On Jan 19, 6:38*pm, "W. Wolfe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone know about TrendNet? *I bought a USB wireless adaptor from them
> and had a very basic question regarding software versions. *I posted a
> question on their web site, received an automated reply that I would have a
> response in one business day. *It has been over a week with no response..
> Never have been able to get a tech to answer the 866 numnber.

Has for any hardware, software versions are written for a specific
hardware version / revision. You can not mix the software versions if
these are not written for your piece of hardware.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
As a long shot.
Log here, http://trendnet.com/downloads/ put into the select product the USB
card number and download the latest Setup file
When running the Setup file it installs the drivers and the Utility
together.
After you install get the TrendNet utility out of the startup so it would
not start automatically and reboot.
After reboot check if Windows Zero Configuration Service is On, if Not,
Switch it On and you are good to go using Windows native Wireless system.
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

"W. Wolfe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know about TrendNet? I bought a USB wireless adaptor from
> them and had a very basic question regarding software versions. I posted
> a question on their web site, received an automated reply that I would
> have a response in one business day. It has been over a week with no
> response. Never have been able to get a tech to answer the 866 numnber.

W. Wolfe

OK - The details. I have a TEW-645UB. There is a download dated October
2008, but there is no version info in the download so I don't know if the
Utility I have (Ver 2.0.0.16) is the latest or not. Same for the driver (Ver
2.105.0).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...