Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > IE7 -- Is resistance futile, should I be assimilated?

IE7 -- Is resistance futile, should I be assimilated?

Jeff Strickland

I've resisted all efforts to get upgraded to IE7. I have several machines --
wife, kids, kid's second, and so on -- and some have IE7 but I keep my
machine in my office with IE6.

Frankly, my main issue with IE7 is the presentation. (I dislike Vista for
pretty much the same reason ...)

I prefer the Windows Classic view, but IE7 moves away from that so I do not
like it for that reason. Are there any compelling reasons to get over myself
and join the new decade?

- Bobb -

"Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gl2ena$h9h$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've resisted all efforts to get upgraded to IE7. I have several
> machines -- wife, kids, kid's second, and so on -- and some have IE7 but
> I keep my machine in my office with IE6.
>
> Frankly, my main issue with IE7 is the presentation. (I dislike Vista for
> pretty much the same reason ...)
>
> I prefer the Windows Classic view, but IE7 moves away from that so I do
> not like it for that reason. Are there any compelling reasons to get over
> myself and join the new decade?

I'm with you : I don't like the look if IE7/ Mail. Especially the SEARCH
field in the IE7 toolbar - that's my real estate and I'd like to keep it. If
I wanted a search area, I'd have gone with Google's. When I finally HAVE to
upgrade, I'll probably go with an alternative to IE ( Firefox, Thunderbird
etc )

gnu / linux

On Jan 20, 3:08*pm, "- Bobb -" <b...@noemail.123> wrote:
> "Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:gl2ena$h9h$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > I've resisted all efforts to get upgraded to IE7. I have several
> > machines -- *wife, kids, kid's second, and so on -- and some have IE7 but
> > I keep my machine in my office with IE6.

> > Frankly, my main issue with IE7 is the presentation. (I dislike Vista for
> > pretty much the same reason ...)

> > I prefer the Windows Classic view, but IE7 moves away from that so I do
> > not like it for that reason. Are there any compelling reasons to get over
> > myself and join the new decade?

> I'm with you : I don't like the look if IE7/ Mail. *Especially the SEARCH
> field in the IE7 toolbar - that's my real estate and I'd like to keep it. If
> I wanted a search area, I'd have gone with Google's. *When I finally HAVE to
> upgrade, I'll probably go with an alternative to IE ( Firefox, Thunderbird
> etc )

IE7 or 8 or Firefox (don't walk run from IE6)

Wind Resistance Caleb Java 7 04-10-2007 03:27 PM
Resistance of Standard Computer Alhilal Computer Information 2 02-27-2006 02:51 AM
DMM testing batteries under load -- what resistance? Neil Harrington Digital Photography 62 11-10-2005 04:11 PM
Re: Resistance to switching software Alf P. Steinbach C Programming 15 10-05-2005 01:01 PM
Smudge, Water Resistance HP cartridges Bk 20, Color 49 on Stickyback/Chartpak* news3.california.com Digital Photography 0 01-08-2004 07:19 AM

Advertisments