Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PC Magazine Digital

PC Magazine Digital

Sharp Dressed Man

PC Magazine has dropped their print magazine and gone digital only. I'm a
print subscriber and can't find the link of the new subscriber-only digital
product that I selected.

Anyone got the URL? It's different from their open to all pcmag.com

Dan C

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:18:49 -0500, Sharp Dressed Man wrote:

> PC Magazine has dropped their print magazine and gone digital only. I'm
> a print subscriber and can't find the link of the new subscriber-only
> digital product that I selected.
>
> Anyone got the URL? It's different from their open to all pcmag.com

Who ties your shoelaces for you in the mornings? Ask them.

meerkat

"Sharp Dressed Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:gl295a$hjm$(E-Mail Removed)...
> PC Magazine has dropped their print magazine and gone digital only.
> I'm a print subscriber and can't find the link of the new
> subscriber-only digital product that I selected.
>
> Anyone got the URL? It's different from their open to all pcmag.com

Go to...
www.google.com.
Type in PCMag.
There you are..

--
bw..

Sharp Dressed Man

"Dan C" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 11:18:49 -0500, Sharp Dressed Man wrote:
>
>> PC Magazine has dropped their print magazine and gone digital only. I'm
>> a print subscriber and can't find the link of the new subscriber-only
>> digital product that I selected.
>>
>> Anyone got the URL? It's different from their open to all pcmag.com

> Who ties your shoelaces for you in the mornings? Ask them.

When you're out of town, your wife--- or sometimes your daughter...

Sharp Dressed Man

"meerkat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1c2dl.258409$(E-Mail Removed)2...

> "Sharp Dressed Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:gl295a$hjm$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> PC Magazine has dropped their print magazine and gone digital only. I'm a
>> print subscriber and can't find the link of the new subscriber-only
>> digital product that I selected.
>>
>> Anyone got the URL? It's different from their open to all pcmag.com

> Go to...
> www.google.com.
> Type in PCMag.
> There you are..

What a clever and creative suggestion. I tried it but as I mentioned in the
OP, it only gives a link to the regular magazine website...

Sharp Dressed Man

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Sharp <longdumb handle> wrote:
>> PC Magazine has dropped their print magazine and gone digital only. I'm
>> a print subscriber and can't find the link of the new subscriber-only
>> digital product that I selected.
>>
>> Anyone got the URL? It's different from their open to all pcmag.com

> Start with their front page and work your way into customer service. If
> that's too hard for you, then just click this link http://snipr.com/acnpg
> Effective with the February 2009 issue , PC Magazine will be published as
> a digital only magazine. -- Please enter in your personal information
> below to lookup your account. Once we have successfully located your
> account information, you can perform the following transactions: - Switch
> to Digital Edition
>
> If you click the 'Account Number' link, it will show you where the 9 digit
> acct# & expir-date is on the deadtree mag.
>

> --
> Mike Easter

It's not that it's too hard but as I mentioned in the OP, I've already
selected the digital mag option but can't locate a link to it. Your
suggestions and link take me back to where I've already been....

Desk Rabbit

Sharp Dressed Man wrote:
> "Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>> Sharp <longdumb handle> wrote:
>>> PC Magazine has dropped their print magazine and gone digital only. I'm
>>> a print subscriber and can't find the link of the new subscriber-only
>>> digital product that I selected.
>>>
>>> Anyone got the URL? It's different from their open to all pcmag.com

>> Start with their front page and work your way into customer service. If
>> that's too hard for you, then just click this link http://snipr.com/acnpg
>> Effective with the February 2009 issue , PC Magazine will be published as
>> a digital only magazine. -- Please enter in your personal information
>> below to lookup your account. Once we have successfully located your
>> account information, you can perform the following transactions: - Switch
>> to Digital Edition
>>
>> If you click the 'Account Number' link, it will show you where the 9 digit
>> acct# & expir-date is on the deadtree mag.
>>

>> --
>> Mike Easter
>>

> It's not that it's too hard but as I mentioned in the OP, I've already
> selected the digital mag option but can't locate a link to it. Your
> suggestions and link take me back to where I've already been....

Try one of these
http://www.adorablekidsdressup.com/M...uct_Code=LT_PC

wisdomkiller @ pain

Sharp Dressed Man wrote:

>> If you click the 'Account Number' link, it will show you where the 9
>> digit acct# & expir-date is on the deadtree mag.
>>

>> --
>> Mike Easter
>>

> It's not that it's too hard but as I mentioned in the OP, I've already
> selected the digital mag option but can't locate a link to it. Your
> suggestions and link take me back to where I've already been....

You may need javascript turned on for that form to work (and take you
anywhere).

VanguardLH

Sharp Dressed Man wrote:

> PC Magazine has dropped their print magazine and gone digital only. I'm a
> print subscriber and can't find the link of the new subscriber-only digital
> product that I selected.
>
> Anyone got the URL? It's different from their open to all pcmag.com

How about the Sign In or My Account links at the top right corner of
their web page? Presumably signing in (which means you registered which
probably means you paid) might give you different content or enable some
of it.

VanguardLH

Mike Easter wrote:

> Sharp <longdumb handle> wrote:
>>
>> PC Magazine has dropped their print magazine and gone digital only.
>> ... Anyone got the URL? ...

> ... just click this link http://snipr.com/acnpg ...

Unrelated query: Does snipr.com provide a preview style redirect link,
as does snurl.com, so users could see to where the link goes before
going there? With snurl.com redirect links, they look like
http://preview.snurl.com/<idstring>. If the user didn't bother to
select the preview style when they created the redirect link, other
users could change the http://snurl.com/<idstring> to a preview style
of http://preview.snurl.com/<idstring> (i.e., they could insert the
"preview" host in the URL). The user then goes to a web page at
snurl.com that shows them the link to which they will be redirected.

With the preview page showing the target URL, users know before going
to a site as to what site they will be going. That lets them choose if
it is a site that they want to visit. Some boob could provide a
redirect link to some hardcore porn or warez site, or especially a
temporary Google private group, whose web page merely contains a link
to another malicious site. If the user can see to where the redirect
link goes, they may decide not to go there.

tinyurl.com doesn't have the preview feature for its redirect links and
why I quit using that service. I don't see that snipr.com has a
preview feature, either. That's why I started using snurl.com.
Hopefully I don't forget to use the preview.snurl.com/<idstring> URL
since I can't expect other users to know about the preview function.