Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > The EU really loves Microsoft.

The EU really loves Microsoft.

Aardvark

<http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39596616,00.htm>

elaich

hwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:t96dnTzJw-HRO-

> They just built backdoors into their software for the NSA

Since Firefox is in bed with Google, how do we know backdoors aren't built
into it as well? I trust Google about 1% better than I do Microsoft.

I recently downloaded a new browser to try - Lunascape. What was the first
site it tried to connect to, without any interaction by me? Some page on
google.com. And, no, it was not search.google.com. My firewall told me
that.

wisdomkiller @ pain

elaich wrote:

> hwf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:t96dnTzJw-HRO-
> (E-Mail Removed):
>
>> They just built backdoors into their software for the NSA

> Since Firefox is in bed with Google, how do we know backdoors aren't
> built into it as well? I trust Google about 1% better than I do
> Microsoft.
>
> I recently downloaded a new browser to try - Lunascape. What was the
> first site it tried to connect to, without any interaction by me? Some
> page on google.com. And, no, it was not search.google.com. My firewall
> told me that.

Remember Firefox by default sends URLs to Google as well, when phishing
and malware filter (security tab) is checked.
Of course, it only sends URLs not yet in a local database.

catchme

elaich wrote:
> ??w?f <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:t96dnTzJw-HRO-
> (E-Mail Removed):
>
>> They just built backdoors into their software for the NSA

> Since Firefox is in bed with Google, how do we know backdoors aren't built
> into it as well? I trust Google about 1% better than I do Microsoft.
>
> I recently downloaded a new browser to try - Lunascape. What was the first
> site it tried to connect to, without any interaction by me? Some page on
> google.com. And, no, it was not search.google.com. My firewall told me
> that.

firefox is not "in bed" with Google- that falls to google's own browser,
Google Chrome.
Firefox IS, however, an evolution from Netscape.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

catchme <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>firefox is not "in bed" with Google- that falls to google's own browser,
>Google Chrome.
>Firefox IS, however, an evolution from Netscape.

FYI, FireFox started as mozilla, I didn't download it (mozilla) when
it was first released, as I thought it was a fancy term program

As for Netscape, it was those against them - the Open source split
from Netscape, so they could work on something totally different
-FireFox -

I don't think they can use anything from Netscape as that was all
under contract - Firefox was a start over.
--

More signs
http://eightsolid.com/24-very-strange-funny-signs/