Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Re: [POSIX & Win32API] Getting the 'routing' informations

Re: [POSIX & Win32API] Getting the 'routing' informations

Ian Collins

Maciej Piechotka wrote:
> I have a binded datagram/packet socket. Is it possible to get an
> information should I send a packet with given sockaddr through this
> socket?

Best to put the question in the message body.

Check out the platform specific source for traceroute if you want to see
how this is done. One example:

http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xr...ceroute.c#1471

Not trivial!

--
Ian Collins

CBFalconer

Ian Collins wrote:
> Maciej Piechotka wrote:
>
>> I have a binded datagram/packet socket. Is it possible to get an
>> information should I send a packet with given sockaddr through
>> this socket?

> Best to put the question in the message body.
>
> Check out the platform specific source for traceroute if you want to see
> how this is done. One example:
>
> http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xr...ceroute.c#1471

Please restrict such off-topic answers to recommending a suitable
news group.

Try the download section.