Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Drivers for HP DV3005TX

Drivers for HP DV3005TX

mianileng

A close friend has asked me to find Win XP drivers for his HP
Pavilion DV3005TX notebook, but I'm relatively new to notebooks
(compared to desktops). He'd already repartitioned and formatted
his HDD (including the backup partition) before he came to me. He
installed Win XP Pro and then got stuck for drivers.

All the drivers I could find are for such things as LAN and Quick
Launch. I'm hoping the NVidia driver for Go 8400 GS works, but
since I'm on broadband with limited tranfer and it's a 126 MB
file, I've scheduled the download for the night-time unlimited
period.

The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP, but
I can't install it. Can anyone help please?

John Holmes

mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> A close friend has asked me to find Win XP drivers for his HP
> Pavilion DV3005TX notebook, but I'm relatively new to notebooks
> (compared to desktops). He'd already repartitioned and formatted
> his HDD (including the backup partition) before he came to me. He
> installed Win XP Pro and then got stuck for drivers.
>
> All the drivers I could find are for such things as LAN and Quick
> Launch. I'm hoping the NVidia driver for Go 8400 GS works, but
> since I'm on broadband with limited tranfer and it's a 126 MB
> file, I've scheduled the download for the night-time unlimited
> period.
>
> The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
> mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP, but
> I can't install it. Can anyone help please?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228
&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3195658

About 20 seconds to find that page, you lazy ****.

--
<snip>

mianileng

John Holmes wrote:
> mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> A close friend has asked me to find Win XP drivers for his HP
>> Pavilion DV3005TX notebook, but I'm relatively new to
>> notebooks
>> (compared to desktops). He'd already repartitioned and
>> formatted
>> his HDD (including the backup partition) before he came to me.
>> He
>> installed Win XP Pro and then got stuck for drivers.
>>
>> All the drivers I could find are for such things as LAN and
>> Quick
>> Launch. I'm hoping the NVidia driver for Go 8400 GS works, but
>> since I'm on broadband with limited tranfer and it's a 126 MB
>> file, I've scheduled the download for the night-time unlimited
>> period.
>>
>> The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
>> mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP,
>> but
>> I can't install it. Can anyone help please?
>>

> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228
> &lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3195658
>
> About 20 seconds to find that page, you lazy ****.

Did you actually look at that page? I found that page long before
I posted here and it contains only drivers for Quick Launch
Buttons, Wireless Assistant and Storage Manager. I already
mentioned that at the beginning of the second para in my OP. If
you reread my post, you'll see that I'm looking for other
drivers, especially the sound driver.

Old Gringo

On Or About This Time And Date In History, mianileng Stumbled Over To
The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
> A close friend has asked me to find Win XP drivers for his HP
> Pavilion DV3005TX notebook, but I'm relatively new to notebooks
> (compared to desktops). He'd already repartitioned and formatted
> his HDD (including the backup partition) before he came to me. He
> installed Win XP Pro and then got stuck for drivers.
>
> All the drivers I could find are for such things as LAN and Quick
> Launch. I'm hoping the NVidia driver for Go 8400 GS works, but
> since I'm on broadband with limited tranfer and it's a 126 MB
> file, I've scheduled the download for the night-time unlimited
> period.
>
> The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
> mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP, but
> I can't install it. Can anyone help please?

HP has an update tool that will keep it all up to date.
Here is the ballpark link: > http://xrl.in/1f71

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere

John Holmes

mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> John Holmes wrote:
>> mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> A close friend has asked me to find Win XP drivers for his HP
>>> Pavilion DV3005TX notebook, but I'm relatively new to
>>> notebooks
>>> (compared to desktops). He'd already repartitioned and
>>> formatted
>>> his HDD (including the backup partition) before he came to me.
>>> He
>>> installed Win XP Pro and then got stuck for drivers.
>>>
>>> All the drivers I could find are for such things as LAN and
>>> Quick
>>> Launch. I'm hoping the NVidia driver for Go 8400 GS works, but
>>> since I'm on broadband with limited tranfer and it's a 126 MB
>>> file, I've scheduled the download for the night-time unlimited
>>> period.
>>>
>>> The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
>>> mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP,
>>> but
>>> I can't install it. Can anyone help please?
>>>

>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228
>> &lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3195658
>>
>> About 20 seconds to find that page, you lazy ****.

> Did you actually look at that page? I found that page long before
> I posted here and it contains only drivers for Quick Launch
> Buttons, Wireless Assistant and Storage Manager. I already
> mentioned that at the beginning of the second para in my OP. If
> you reread my post, you'll see that I'm looking for other
> drivers, especially the sound driver.

Yes, I actually looked at that page, and it seems all drivers are there,
and the sound driver is the first! Did you consider the line wrap of the
long URL? You obviously didn't, so click this link:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/7hcprg

--
<snip>

John Holmes

Old Gringo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> On Or About This Time And Date In History, mianileng Stumbled Over To
> The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
>> A close friend has asked me to find Win XP drivers for his HP
>> Pavilion DV3005TX notebook, but I'm relatively new to notebooks
>> (compared to desktops). He'd already repartitioned and formatted
>> his HDD (including the backup partition) before he came to me. He
>> installed Win XP Pro and then got stuck for drivers.
>>
>> All the drivers I could find are for such things as LAN and Quick
>> Launch. I'm hoping the NVidia driver for Go 8400 GS works, but
>> since I'm on broadband with limited tranfer and it's a 126 MB
>> file, I've scheduled the download for the night-time unlimited
>> period.
>>
>> The main problem is finding the sound driver. I saw someone
>> mention in a forum that the Vista sound driver works with XP, but
>> I can't install it. Can anyone help please?
>>

> HP has an update tool that will keep it all up to date.
> Here is the ballpark link: > http://xrl.in/1f71

I just clicked that link vor verification, but all it comes up with is a
HP search page. Maybe you're just getting too old to supply technical
support, Old Gringo.

<eg>

--
<snip>

mianileng

John Holmes wrote:
> mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>
>> John Holmes wrote:
>>> mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228
>>> &lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3195658
>>>
>>> About 20 seconds to find that page, you lazy ****.

>> Did you actually look at that page? I found that page long
>> before
>> I posted here and it contains only drivers for Quick Launch
>> Buttons, Wireless Assistant and Storage Manager. I already
>> mentioned that at the beginning of the second para in my OP.
>> If
>> you reread my post, you'll see that I'm looking for other
>> drivers, especially the sound driver.
>>

> Yes, I actually looked at that page, and it seems all drivers
> are
> there, and the sound driver is the first! Did you consider the
> line
> wrap of the long URL? You obviously didn't, so click this link:
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/7hcprg

I did consider the line wrap. Your page is for the DV2005TX, not
the DV3005TX. The 3005TX page has only the drivers I mentioned
earlier.

Anyway, I'll d/l the 2005TX driver and see if it works as I can't
find anything else. I don't know if they even use the same
chipset. The HP site is very sketchy about that.

M.L.

HP recommends that you use the Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture
(UAA) sound driver instead.

http://www.fileratings.com/Review/Mi...AA)_Bus_Driver

walter

mianileng wrote:

> John Holmes wrote:
>> mianileng "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>>> Did you actually look at that page? I found that page long
>>> before
>>> I posted here and it contains only drivers for Quick Launch
>>> Buttons, Wireless Assistant and Storage Manager. I already
>>> mentioned that at the beginning of the second para in my OP.
>>> If
>>> you reread my post, you'll see that I'm looking for other
>>> drivers, especially the sound driver.
>>>

>> Yes, I actually looked at that page, and it seems all drivers
>> are
>> there, and the sound driver is the first! Did you consider the
>> line
>> wrap of the long URL? You obviously didn't, so click this link:
>>
>> http://preview.tinyurl.com/7hcprg

> I did consider the line wrap. Your page is for the DV2005TX, not
> the DV3005TX. The 3005TX page has only the drivers I mentioned
> earlier.

On the right-hand side of the drivers and downloads page for YOUR model#
[3005TX notebook] at support.hp.com I found this:

Alerts for this product!
" Are you on the correct product support page? Locate your exact model
number here"

Which leads here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...roduct=3678877
"Attention: The number appearing on the front of your notebook may be
incorrect for obtaining product support. This document will assist you in
locating your exact model number to improve your support experiece."

Old Gringo wrote:
> On Or About This Time And Date In History, John Holmes Stumbled
> Over
> To The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
>> Old Gringo "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
>>
>>> On Or About This Time And Date In History, mianileng Stumbled
>>> Over
>>> To The Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::

>>> HP has an update tool that will keep it all up to date.
>>> Here is the ballpark link: > http://xrl.in/1f71
>>>

>> I just clicked that link vor verification, but all it comes up
>> with
>> is a HP search page. Maybe you're just getting too old to
>> supply
>> technical support, Old Gringo.
>>
>> <eg>
>>

> LOL That was the ballpark page, put the model # in the search
> engine
> and away you go, HP has made it very easy for all users.

I've tried various methods, including yours, of searching for the
drivers I want but they all lead to the page I mentioned before.
It does not have any of the essential drivers I need.