Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: motherboard

Re: motherboard

Old Gringo

On Or About This Time And Date In History, mike Stumbled Over To The
Keyboard And Pecked Out The Following::
> Please tell me someone! my motherboard on my desktop computer has
> blown,i want to put a new motherboard in the tower,but i want to upgrade
> it,so i will put a totally diferent board in.
> now will my xp operating bootup as normal,or will i have to formatt my
> hardrive and start again.
>
> many thanks
> pel

Try it your way first! I had a Velocity Micro 3.2GHz with Intel MB,
the MB fried. I bought a HP 3.2GHz pulled the HD from the Velocity
Micro, put it in the HP. On boot up the HP recognized the new HD,
made the necessary adjustments on its own and away I went. XP Home
OS. The HP came with disks to recover and install XP Pro, I have
since done that on the Velocity Micro HD that is now in the HP and
all is well. <g>
Good Luck
Sun 18 January 2009, 08:12 AM --600 (Central Standard Time)

--
Old Gringo
Just West Of Nowhere