Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > WinXP and Motorola

WinXP and Motorola

Head Hunter

I am trying to create a secondary network using Motorola AP and router. The
AP is connected to a wired router on my normal network. The wireless router
is attached nearby for testing purposes, with a PC attached. After updating
the firmware, they can see each other. Problem is, I can't get across the
wireless. I have all security on the AP and router turned off, so that
isn't the problem. They are configured as static IPs in our network scheme.
I can access each unit from its' side. What I mean is, from the AP side, I
can access the AP. From the router side, I can access the router. However,
from the AP side, if I put in the IP of the router, it says "Connecting"
then times out. Same from the router side, trying to contact the AP.

I have e-mail Motorola several times, and they are no help. The last time,
they haven't even responded yet. They told me to update the firmware. I
said "did that, no help, now what" and haven't received an answer.

I thought I would ask the guru's of the world. Now what?