Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Swapping Lithium Battries for Lead Acid.

Re: Swapping Lithium Battries for Lead Acid.

Gordon

On 2009-01-18, ChristianKnight <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi I have two 12 volt 10AH Leads acid battries running my scooter that
> I wish to replace with Lithium Battries.

So are they connected in paralell or series?

Lithium batteries are of the primary type. ie non recharagable. LithuimIron
on the other hand does recharges very well.

NiMH also.

> Can anyone please describe the battries I need and advise how to
> connect them in series if nessasary.

Oh so they are in series. + - + -

The question is , has the manufacture of these, replaceable batteries
happened?

The old lead, H2So4 battert has done us well. She has had rates of recycling
that many other materials fail to match, for many decades now

Dave Doe

In article <KzXcl.16787$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> "Gordon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On 2009-01-18, ChristianKnight <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Hi I have two 12 volt 10AH Leads acid battries running my scooter that
> >> I wish to replace with Lithium Battries.

> > So are they connected in paralell or series?
> >
> > Lithium batteries are of the primary type. ie non recharagable.
> > LithuimIron
> > on the other hand does recharges very well.
> >
> > NiMH also.
> >

> >> Can anyone please describe the battries I need and advise how to
> >> connect them in series if nessasary.

> > Oh so they are in series. + - + -
> >
> > The question is , has the manufacture of these, replaceable batteries
> > happened?
> >
> > The old lead, H2So4 battert has done us well. She has had rates of
> > recycling
> > that many other materials fail to match, for many decades now

> But Lithium Ion rechargeables in a scooter can nearly double the distance
> and theirs no speed drop until past 80% where Lead acid battries slow in
> earlier stages .
> The only reason it seems to use Lead Acid now is to keep their workers pays
> who have built their life on the industry.
> Christ's love

No, the main reason is economics - you should know that.

--
Duncan
Christ is dead, and he's not comin' back - praise the almighty Tea-pot

EMB

Dave Doe wrote:
> No, the main reason is economics - you should know that.

The same reason CK is out in the community rather than receiving the
care he needs.

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs "EMB" typed:
> Dave Doe wrote:
>> No, the main reason is economics - you should know that.
>>

> The same reason CK is out in the community rather than receiving the
> care he needs.

Gods! Don't get me started on that subject....
--
Shaun.
he`ll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett, Jingo