Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Malware Removal Advice Sought - Conclusion

Reply
Thread Tools

Malware Removal Advice Sought - Conclusion

 
 
Moke Gibboni
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2009

I've tried to post the conclusions to the thread below with the same name,
but it's not being posted for some reason, so I'm opening up a new thread
and will try to re-post them if this one works ok.

--

Moke G.


'the best person to run a country is the person who doesn't want the job.'


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Moke Gibboni
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2009

"Moke Gibboni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2ercl.46$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>
> I've tried to post the conclusions to the thread below with the same name,
> but it's not being posted for some reason, so I'm opening up a new thread
> and will try to re-post them if this one works ok.



Must have been a problem with Virgin Media - it took many hours for my posts
to appear. I've never known it to take that long before.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
wisdomkiller & pain
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2009
Moke Gibboni wrote:

>
> "Moke Gibboni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:2ercl.46$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>
>> I've tried to post the conclusions to the thread below with the same
>> name, but it's not being posted for some reason, so I'm opening up a
>> new thread and will try to re-post them if this one works ok.

>
>
> Must have been a problem with Virgin Media - it took many hours for my
> posts to appear. I've never known it to take that long before.


Are you always talking to yourself, using "Re"'s without a reference in
the message headers? At least that appears to us puzzled readers
here
 
Reply With Quote
 
Moke Gibboni
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2009

"wisdomkiller & pain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Moke Gibboni wrote:
>
>>
>> "Moke Gibboni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:2ercl.46$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>>
>>> I've tried to post the conclusions to the thread below with the same
>>> name, but it's not being posted for some reason, so I'm opening up a
>>> new thread and will try to re-post them if this one works ok.

>>
>>
>> Must have been a problem with Virgin Media - it took many hours for my
>> posts to appear. I've never known it to take that long before.

>
> Are you always talking to yourself, using "Re"'s without a reference in
> the message headers? At least that appears to us puzzled readers
> here


Sorry Wis, not quite with you there. I was basically testing to see if my
posts were actually being posted. Because of the many hours delay in VM
transferring the messages to here, I was assuming that there was some fault
with my PC. It now appears that the fault was with the server.

I'm not expecting any response now to this particular thread, but the
heading here is the same as the one below and I was inviting all the posters
who had been involved with this particular discussion to see my conclusion
in the original thread below this one.

Apologies if my procedure isn't as it should be, but I'm a bit green on
things like the 'correct' way of posting, not having posted a great deal
over the years!



 
Reply With Quote
 
Clot
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2009
Moke Gibboni wrote:
> "wisdomkiller & pain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Moke Gibboni wrote:
>>
>>>
>>> "Moke Gibboni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:2ercl.46$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>>>
>>>> I've tried to post the conclusions to the thread below with the
>>>> same name, but it's not being posted for some reason, so I'm
>>>> opening up a new thread and will try to re-post them if this one
>>>> works ok.
>>>
>>>
>>> Must have been a problem with Virgin Media - it took many hours for
>>> my posts to appear. I've never known it to take that long before.

>>

I too am on VM and have recently been experiencing the same problem.
Sometimes messages get through ok and sometimes not.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mara
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 12:33:40 -0000, "Moke Gibboni"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

<snip>

>Apologies if my procedure isn't as it should be, but I'm a bit green on
>things like the 'correct' way of posting, not having posted a great deal
>over the years!


http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/index.html

--
Goodbye, Army, dear old Army of the Potomac. Tattered and torn,
you are crowned with the victor's laurels at last.
-- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, Col. 2nd R. I., July 15, 1865
 
Reply With Quote
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-18-2009

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 02:43:37 -0000, Moke Gibboni wrote:

>
>"Moke Gibboni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:2ercl.46$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>>
>> I've tried to post the conclusions to the thread below with the same name,
>> but it's not being posted for some reason, so I'm opening up a new thread


Not posting is not the same as not appearing somewhere else like on the
VM server feed or another usenet server you may choose.

>> and will try to re-post them if this one works ok.

>
>
>Must have been a problem with Virgin Media - it took many hours for my posts
>to appear. I've never known it to take that long before.


What, like on forever ongoing binary server performance? The source of
lots of complaints in the internal vm usenet support group.

Easy solution, use the text only server for non binary posts. Generally
it's only a few seconds from the text server, to google, to giganews.

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Malware Removal Advice Sought Please Moke Gibboni Computer Support 50 01-24-2009 04:21 PM
Re: Malware Removal Advice Sought Please Moke Gibboni Computer Support 0 01-17-2009 08:18 PM
Re: Malware Removal Advice Sought Please Moke Gibboni Computer Support 0 01-17-2009 08:15 PM
Re: Malware Removal Advice Sought Please Moke Gibboni Computer Support 0 01-17-2009 08:15 PM
Malware Removal Advice Sought Please Moke Gibboni Computer Support 17 01-17-2009 08:05 PM



Advertisments