Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Microsoft began early this year their massive distribution of viruses - "It's getting worse, not better"

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Microsoft began early this year their massive distribution of viruses - "It's getting worse, not better"

 
 
Jermaine Ivey
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-16-2009
7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:j97cl.21217$(E-Mail Removed) m:

> Ramon F Herrera wrote:
>
>>
>> "Downadup virus exposes millions of PCs to hijack
>>
>> LONDON, England (CNN) -- A new sleeper virus that could allow hackers
>> to steal financial and personal information has now spread to more
>> than eight million computers in what industry analysts say is one of
>> the most serious infections they have ever seen.
>>
>> The Downadup or Conficker worm exploits a bug in Microsoft Windows
>> to infect mainly corporate networks, where -- although it has yet to
>> cause any harm -- it potentially exposes infected PCs to hijack.
>>
>> Mikko Hypponen, chief research officer at anti-virus firm F-Secure,
>> says while the purpose of the worm is unclear, its unique "phone
>> home" design, linking back to its point of origin, means it can
>> receive further orders to wreak havoc.
>>
>> He said his company had reverse-engineered its program, which they
>> suspected of originating in Ukraine, and is using the call-back
>> mechanism to monitor an exponential infection rate, despite
>> Microsoft's issuing of a patch to fix the bug.
>>
>> "On Tuesday there were 2.5 million, on Wednesday 3.5 million and
>> today [Friday], eight million," he told CNN. "It's getting worse, not
>> better."

>
>> http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/pte...virus.downadup

>
>
>
> Though micoshaft is doomed, its viruses are not!!!


If you want excitement embrace Microsoft and get the most out of it!

If you want a bumpy ride and want that warm feeling inside you embrace the
lunix community. LMYS&G
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Moog
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-16-2009
Jermaine Ivey illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:

> <snip>
> If you want excitement embrace Microsoft and get the most out of it!


By *excitement* you obviously mean Virus defintion uodating, then
scanning. Regsitry cleaning, Malware detecting, Spyware detecting and
working around the updates that untintionally blue screen your system

Yeah. I'm up for that. Not.

> If you want a bumpy ride and want that warm feeling inside you embrace the
> lunix community. LMYS&G


Install it. If it works, it runs. No maintenance required.

Sod you. You keep maintaining your system. I'm off down the pub.
Enjoy.

--
I was stealing things in the supermarket today while balanced on the
shoulders of vampires. I was charged with shoplifting on three counts.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Nat Massey
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-16-2009
7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XC7cl.21232$(E-Mail Removed) :

> :gnitekraM fo tnemtrapeD lippA tfahsociM morf stiW flaH fo flaheb no
> etorw yevI eniamreJ kcos eht gnidnuop retsduarf gnifrutortssa lippA
> tfahsociM


> !loof ti ni llor snaem lla yb ,tnemercxe t'fahsocim tnaw uoy fI
> !gnifrutortssa etad fo tuO !!!AAHHAHAHAWB


> .ekil uoy sa yfidom ot edoc ecruos htiw eerf sti ,xuniL tnaw uoy fI


> moc.hctawortsid.www//tth moc.tsildcevil.www//tth


> .neSO detcefni parc seimmudniw revo si xuniL decnavda erom hcum wonk
> lliw uoy dna lyreb htiw xunil noyabas rof moc.ebutuoy.www hcraeS
> .spotksed D3 dna htraE elgooG dna eerf ziuxeN ekil semag D3 htiw semoc
> xunil noyabas ekil sgnihT


Your attempts at evil propaganda aren't working, are they?
 
Reply With Quote
 
tom
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-16-2009

"Nat Massey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ow.poiuel...
>7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:XC7cl.21232$(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> :gnitekraM fo tnemtrapeD lippA tfahsociM morf stiW flaH fo flaheb no
>> etorw yevI eniamreJ kcos eht gnidnuop retsduarf gnifrutortssa lippA
>> tfahsociM

>
>> !loof ti ni llor snaem lla yb ,tnemercxe t'fahsocim tnaw uoy fI
>> !gnifrutortssa etad fo tuO !!!AAHHAHAHAWB

>
>> .ekil uoy sa yfidom ot edoc ecruos htiw eerf sti ,xuniL tnaw uoy fI

>
>> moc.hctawortsid.www//tth moc.tsildcevil.www//tth

>
>> .neSO detcefni parc seimmudniw revo si xuniL decnavda erom hcum wonk
>> lliw uoy dna lyreb htiw xunil noyabas rof moc.ebutuoy.www hcraeS
>> .spotksed D3 dna htraE elgooG dna eerf ziuxeN ekil semag D3 htiw semoc
>> xunil noyabas ekil sgnihT

>
> Your attempts at evil propaganda aren't working, are they?


Somebody watches too many spy movies.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike Stalwartik
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-16-2009
tom <~@~.net> wrote in message news:mV7cl.23810$(E-Mail Removed):

> "Nat Massey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed) ow.poiuel...
>> 7 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:XC7cl.21232$(E-Mail Removed) :
>>
>>>> gnitekraM fo tnemtrapeD lippA tfahsociM morf stiW flaH fo flaheb no
>>> etorw yevI eniamreJ kcos eht gnidnuop retsduarf gnifrutortssa lippA
>>> tfahsociM

>>
>>> !loof ti ni llor snaem lla yb ,tnemercxe t'fahsocim tnaw uoy fI
>>> !gnifrutortssa etad fo tuO !!!AAHHAHAHAWB

>>
>>> .ekil uoy sa yfidom ot edoc ecruos htiw eerf sti ,xuniL tnaw uoy fI

>>
>>> moc.hctawortsid.www//tth moc.tsildcevil.www//tth

>>
>>> .neSO detcefni parc seimmudniw revo si xuniL decnavda erom hcum wonk
>>> lliw uoy dna lyreb htiw xunil noyabas rof moc.ebutuoy.www hcraeS
>>> .spotksed D3 dna htraE elgooG dna eerf ziuxeN ekil semag D3 htiw
>>> semoc xunil noyabas ekil sgnihT

>>
>> Your attempts at evil propaganda aren't working, are they?

>
> Somebody watches too many spy movies.


I was lurking and I certainly thought 7 was a sandwich short of a picnic,
huh?
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-16-2009
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:01:46 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, Moog was heard to say:

> Jermaine Ivey illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:
>
>> <snip>
>> If you want excitement embrace Microsoft and get the most out of it!

>
> By *excitement* you obviously mean Virus defintion uodating, then
> scanning. Regsitry cleaning, Malware detecting, Spyware detecting and
> working around the updates that untintionally blue screen your system
>
> Yeah. I'm up for that. Not.
>
>> If you want a bumpy ride and want that warm feeling inside you embrace
>> the lunix community. LMYS&G


Why embrace the Commodore community?
Actually, I've never run a Commodore64..

> Install it. If it works, it runs. No maintenance required.
>
> Sod you. You keep maintaining your system. I'm off down the pub. Enjoy.


Cheers!
 
Reply With Quote
 
The Lost Packet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-16-2009
William Poaster wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:01:46 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
> trolls, Moog was heard to say:
>
>> Jermaine Ivey illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:
>>
>>> <snip>
>>> If you want excitement embrace Microsoft and get the most out of it!

>> By *excitement* you obviously mean Virus defintion uodating, then
>> scanning. Regsitry cleaning, Malware detecting, Spyware detecting and
>> working around the updates that untintionally blue screen your system
>>
>> Yeah. I'm up for that. Not.
>>
>>> If you want a bumpy ride and want that warm feeling inside you embrace
>>> the lunix community. LMYS&G

>
> Why embrace the Commodore community?
> Actually, I've never run a Commodore64..
>
>> Install it. If it works, it runs. No maintenance required.
>>
>> Sod you. You keep maintaining your system. I'm off down the pub. Enjoy.

>
> Cheers!


Le'chaim!

--
TLP

- Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door
went nuts.

- No, I will not fix your computer.

- Thought: It must be a bitch to write your name in the snow in Arabic...

- Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

- Rice: 1.4 billion Chinese can't all be wrong.

- I'm dreaming of a better world where chickens can cross the road and
not have their motives questioned!

- If you can make a cheesecake you can install a Linux driver from source.

- Don't listen to the do-gooders, condoms are useless. They split,
they leak and they burst. And the human stomach can't handle the impact
of two kilos of cocaine.

- Users who XNA their posts are admitting that their ramblings aren't
worth reading.

- (on Windows) You know why "last known good configuration" almost
never works? Because the last known good configuration was a blank disk.
- Sinister Midget, 15 Jan 2009

*#* Signoff: labo-rat (find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \
 
Reply With Quote
 
William Poaster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-16-2009
On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 23:19:32 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
trolls, The Lost Packet was heard to say:

> William Poaster wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:01:46 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
>> trolls, Moog was heard to say:
>>
>>> Jermaine Ivey illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:
>>>
>>>> <snip>
>>>> If you want excitement embrace Microsoft and get the most out of it!
>>> By *excitement* you obviously mean Virus defintion uodating, then
>>> scanning. Regsitry cleaning, Malware detecting, Spyware detecting and
>>> working around the updates that untintionally blue screen your system
>>>
>>> Yeah. I'm up for that. Not.
>>>
>>>> If you want a bumpy ride and want that warm feeling inside you embrace
>>>> the lunix community. LMYS&G

>>
>> Why embrace the Commodore community?
>> Actually, I've never run a Commodore64..
>>
>>> Install it. If it works, it runs. No maintenance required.
>>>
>>> Sod you. You keep maintaining your system. I'm off down the pub. Enjoy.

>>
>> Cheers!

>
> Le'chaim!


Slante!

 
Reply With Quote
 
weedhopper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2009

"The Lost Packet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kC8cl.198$(E-Mail Removed)2...
> William Poaster wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:01:46 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
>> trolls, Moog was heard to say:
>>

>snip all the weird


> - Don't listen to the do-gooders, condoms are useless. They split, they
> leak and they burst. And the human stomach can't handle the impact of two
> kilos of cocaine.


The number seems very high to me. I would expect a rubber to hold
possibly --------maybe------------5 ounces? How many rubbers can these
mules hold?


 
Reply With Quote
 
The Lost Packet
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-17-2009
weedhopper wrote:
> "The Lost Packet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kC8cl.198$(E-Mail Removed)2...
>> William Poaster wrote:
>>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 22:01:46 +0000, above the shrieking & whining of the
>>> trolls, Moog was heard to say:
>>>

>> snip all the weird

>
>> - Don't listen to the do-gooders, condoms are useless. They split, they
>> leak and they burst. And the human stomach can't handle the impact of two
>> kilos of cocaine.

>
> The number seems very high to me. I would expect a rubber to hold
> possibly --------maybe------------5 ounces? How many rubbers can these
> mules hold?
>
>


often over 70. Unless there's a condom shortage or the mule has an
unusually wide gullet, they'll rarely pack 28g of coke into one rubber.
Two kilos of coke is volumetrically similar to a large bag of flour
(they're about the same density), which can quite easily fit into a
trained (ie distended) stomach. The LD50 of uncut cocaine sulphate is
95.1mg/kg, which runs to around 7.1g for a human male of 75kg. That's a
lot of **** to snort. If a rubber containing one ounce of coke bursts in
the stomach, that's only 4 times the LD50, which unless the subject if
in the top 85th centile of cocaine tolerance is invariably fatal. Which
is why mules are usually terminal addicts - some veteran mules can
withstand two or even three splits in one go.

Usually what happens though, is if one rubber goes most of the rest are
likely to as well - they're in an environment which is extremely hostile
to organic plastics, ie latex (which is why the stomach is lined with
mucous - the hydrochloric acid would otherwise digest you from the inside).


--
TLP

- The following signature is encoded double-ROT-47. Unauthorised
duplication and/or decryption is a violation of the Digital Millennium
Copyright Act.

- Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door
went nuts.

- No, I will not fix your computer.

- Thought: It must be a bitch to write your name in the snow in Arabic...

- Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

- Rice: 1.4 billion Chinese can't all be wrong.

- I'm dreaming of a better world where chickens can cross the road and
not have their motives questioned!

- If you can make a cheesecake you can install a Linux driver from source.

- Don't listen to the do-gooders, condoms are useless. They split,
they leak and they burst. And the human stomach can't handle the impact
of two kilos of cocaine.

- Users who XNA their posts are admitting that their ramblings aren't
worth reading.

- (on Windows) You know why "last known good configuration" almost
never works? Because the last known good configuration was a blank disk.
- Sinister Midget, c.o.l.a. 15 Jan 2009

*#* Signoff: labo-rat (find / -name \*yourbase\* -exec chown us:us {} \
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Microsoft began early this year their massive distribution of viruses - "It's getting worse, not better" netjerykhet Computer Support 0 01-16-2009 10:41 PM
Ruby.on-page.net - Evolution began Des Ruby 18 03-14-2007 12:57 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd loyola Microsoft Certification 3 11-14-2006 05:18 PM
microsoft.public.certification, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsa, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcad, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcsd realexxams@yahoo.com Microsoft Certification 0 05-10-2006 02:35 PM
microsoft.public.dotnet.faqs,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms,microsoft.public.dotnet.general,microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb Charles A. Lackman ASP .Net 1 12-08-2004 07:08 PM



Advertisments