Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > [OT] killfile

[OT] killfile

Bill Cunningham

I hate to engage in OT posts especailly about killfiles but since
there's been so much talk I will say something. I lurk clc just about
everyday and see what's being said concerning C. I have two persons in my
mental killfile and only had to actually add one person to an actual
killfile because he was posting trash to everything I put up. He's now out
of my killfile and things are much better. I never keep permanent killfiles.

I'm not quite sure why people have been talking about killfiles lately
as the best thing to discourage trolling behavior is to ignore the posts.
But this person I KF'd has been rather helpful lately. That's enough for me
I'm done.

Bill

Richard

"Bill Cunningham" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I hate to engage in OT posts especailly about killfiles but since
> there's been so much talk I will say something. I lurk clc just about
> everyday and see what's being said concerning C. I have two persons in my
> mental killfile and only had to actually add one person to an actual
> killfile because he was posting trash to everything I put up. He's now out
> of my killfile and things are much better. I never keep permanent killfiles.
>
> I'm not quite sure why people have been talking about killfiles lately
> as the best thing to discourage trolling behavior is to ignore the posts.
> But this person I KF'd has been rather helpful lately. That's enough for me
> I'm done.
>
> Bill

Nice of you to say so Bill. But we both know you're still a troll....

--
I'm not a person who particularly had heros when growing up.
- What Dennis Ritchie could potentially say when asked about the hero worship coming from c.l.c.

CBFalconer

Bill Cunningham wrote:

> I hate to engage in OT posts especailly about killfiles but since
> there's been so much talk I will say something. I lurk clc just
> about everyday and see what's being said concerning C. I have two
> persons in my mental killfile and only had to actually add one
> person to an actual killfile because he was posting trash to
> everything I put up. He's now out of my killfile and things are
> much better. I never keep permanent killfiles.
>
> I'm not quite sure why people have been talking about killfiles
> lately as the best thing to discourage trolling behavior is to
> ignore the posts. But this person I KF'd has been rather helpful
> lately. That's enough for me I'm done.

Your attitude is just fine. 'killfiles' just make it easy to
ignore the trolls. With some newsreaders you have the option of
selecting and reading troll-posts if you suspect they may be
useful, even though they have been killed and have not taken up
space and time transmitting to you.

Try the download section.

Killfile in Thunderbird??!? graeme@invalid Firefox 3 11-05-2004 06:32 AM
killfile not working Ranjit Firefox 3 10-02-2004 07:35 PM
Killfile Barry Firefox 1 09-13-2004 07:31 PM
Killfile in newsgroups? Walter Mitty Firefox 5 05-18-2004 06:24 AM
Killfile in Thunderbird Joebee Firefox 4 09-25-2003 07:17 PM

Advertisments