Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET 2.0 Impersonation of fixed identity - truncation of identity

ASP.NET 2.0 Impersonation of fixed identity - truncation of identity

JimLad

Hi,

I got our Systems guys to set me up a new Windows identity yesterday
to use for Impersonation in ASP.NET 2.0

It didn't work, until I removed the final 2 characters. Our systems
guy explained that this was due to the length and ASP.NET seemed to be
looking at the pre-2000 version of the account name which was limited
in length.

Can anyone confirm that ASP.NET uses the truncated versions of Window
Identities? Seems a bit odd. More likely can someone explain the real
problem here?

Cheers,

James

MySql Data Truncation Marcelo Java 3 12-21-2005 01:29 AM
Issue with Identity Impersonation and user identity used passed for trusted SQL connection. Frederick D'hont ASP .Net Security 0 07-25-2005 02:41 PM
ASP.NET Fixed Identity Impersonation ADavis ASP .Net Security 16 07-20-2005 07:31 PM
Text Truncation manas ASP .Net 1 07-01-2005 10:41 PM
Difference between HttpContext.Current.User.Identity and identity Impersonation Giovanni Bassi ASP .Net 0 10-20-2003 02:25 PM

Advertisments