Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Play video

Play video

Helpful person

This is a very simple question with (I hope) a simple answer. I wish
to play a video from my web site with minimal work. I am assuming
that I just need to create a link (probably on a jpeg of the first
frame) to the mpeg or avi file. I assume that if this is clicked it
will launch the default video player.

Is this correct?

I addition, can anyone recommend a website that describes how to play
the video embedded in the page?

Harlan Messinger

Helpful person wrote:
> This is a very simple question with (I hope) a simple answer. I wish
> to play a video from my web site with minimal work. I am assuming
> that I just need to create a link (probably on a jpeg of the first
> frame) to the mpeg or avi file. I assume that if this is clicked it
> will launch the default video player.
>
> Is this correct?

Yes.