Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Re: connecting second computer to printer using wireless connection?

Re: connecting second computer to printer using wireless connection?

smlunatick

On Jan 15, 3:34*pm, Mike950 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> * * *I know next to nothing about wireless connections and need some
> information on how it works. *I have a desktop PC that is connected to a
> Canon Pixma MP620 printer via the USB printer cable. *I have a second desktop
> PC in the same room that I occasionally use for gaming, music, testing, etc. *
> I would like to be able to wirelessly print from the second PC to the Canon
> printer (without having to turn on the first computer). *The Canon printer
> says it is WiFi certified with the comment "print wirelessly from a WiFi
> enabled computer".
> * * *My questions are: *What do I need to make my second computer WiFi
> enabled and when it is WiFi enabled, do I need anything else to be able print
> to the Canon printer (does it communicate straight from computer to printer
> or does it have to go through a wireless router)? *Do they make a WiFi
> transmitter/reciever in the form of a USB "dongle" or something like that
> which I put on the computer?
> * * *Any information on this subject will be greatly appreciated. *Thank
> you. *Mike

If you do not use a wireless router, you can only set up a wi-fi link
in an "ad hoc" (direct betweek two devices) usually between only two
device at one time.