Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCDST > Listing certs after name

Listing certs after name

Tedyabre

Just a general question here but how does everyone list their certifiactaions
after there name? Or I guess what would be the proper way to list them?
Also i have the MCP (271) after I acheive 272 and become a MCDST to I drop
the MCP?

Thanks
James
A+, I-Net+, CIW, MCP

Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\)

"Tedyabre" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just a general question here but how does everyone list their
> certifiactaions
> after there name? Or I guess what would be the proper way to list them?
> Also i have the MCP (271) after I acheive 272 and become a MCDST to I drop
> the MCP?
>
> Thanks
> James
> A+, I-Net+, CIW, MCP

There's no real "official" criteria for how to do this, James, but the
conventional wisdom that I've been exposed to over the years is that the
most significant, or most important, is listed first, and the rest in
decreasing order of significance.

Generally, also, you'd want to drop the lesser included certifications, so
yes, once completing the exam that achieves the MCDST, I'd drop the MCP.

Also, in this sig, you can see I've taken a rather ostentatious methodology
of listing my certs. One of the challenges with generic cert titles
(acronyms) like MCDST, MCITP, etc. is that they don't always exclude certs
at the lower levels (i.e. MCP, MCTS). As it happens, I have several MCP and
one MCTS cert that are not wholly included in higher certs (the MCTS enroute
to another MCITP, and the MCPs enroute to an MCSE).

In a more conventional (or conservative) sig, you'll more likely see
something like:

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP

http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

Montreal_MCT

Personally I only list one cert after my name... when I do. Mitch Garvis,
MCT.
There was a time when I listed them in order of descending value, so it was
Mitch Garvis, MCSA, MCDST.

Because MCP is (once you have another cert) just a stepping stone, I dropped
it once I had my first senior cert.

Good luck on 272!

Mitch Garvis
Microsoft MVP: Essential Server Solutions
http://garvis.ca/blogs