Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Promotion of Additional Domain Controller to a Domain Controller

Promotion of Additional Domain Controller to a Domain Controller

Abaaseen

If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain Controller
in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain Controller to a
Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
Please specify it in steps.

TBone

And on the eigth day <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause the

> If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain
> Controller in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain
> Controller to a Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
> Please specify it in steps.

You really haven't provided a lot of information. For example, what
version of windows are you running? If its beyond NT, there is no BDC
and PDC. Never mind what an ADC is, or is that ACDC? Yes... your domain
could be on the Highway to Hell.

This group is supposed to be for IT professionals studying to get their
MCSE certification. So we don't hand hold here as much. Having said
that, I think what you need to do is check google on how to transfer
roles.

-------

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Frisbee®

TBone wrote:
> And on the eigth day <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause
> the electrons to come together and form the following words:
>
>> If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain
>> Controller in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain
>> Controller to a Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
>> Please specify it in steps.

> You really haven't provided a lot of information. For example, what
> version of windows are you running? If its beyond NT, there is no BDC
> and PDC. Never mind what an ADC is, or is that ACDC? Yes... your
> domain could be on the Highway to Hell.
>
> This group is supposed to be for IT professionals studying to get
> their MCSE certification. So we don't hand hold here as much. Having
> said that, I think what you need to do is check google on how to
> transfer roles.

Or perhaps he should refer to his own link of downloadable crap that he
offered another poster in here.

Kline Sphere

Give my regards to 1996

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 02:48:01 -0800, Abaaseen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain Controller
>in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain Controller to a
>Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
>Please specify it in steps.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>TBone wrote:
>> And on the eigth day <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause
>> the electrons to come together and form the following words:
>>
>>> If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain
>>> Controller in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain
>>> Controller to a Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
>>> Please specify it in steps.

>> You really haven't provided a lot of information. For example, what
>> version of windows are you running? If its beyond NT, there is no BDC
>> and PDC. Never mind what an ADC is, or is that ACDC? Yes... your
>> domain could be on the Highway to Hell.
>>
>> This group is supposed to be for IT professionals studying to get
>> their MCSE certification. So we don't hand hold here as much. Having
>> said that, I think what you need to do is check google on how to
>> transfer roles.

>Or perhaps he should refer to his own link of downloadable crap that he
>offered another poster in here.

is that the up, down & across site?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

JaR

http://www.leftmind.net/safety/non_ex.pdf

--
JaR
Or words to that effect

Abaaseen

ADC means: A for Additional
D for Domain,
and C for Controller,
Hope that you will understand it now that what does it mean.
and suppose that I am running Windows Server 2003 on both
i-e Domain Controller and Additional Domain Controller.

"TBone" wrote:

> And on the eigth day <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause the
> electrons to come together and form the following words:
>
> > If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain
> > Controller in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain
> > Controller to a Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
> > Please specify it in steps.

> You really haven't provided a lot of information. For example, what
> version of windows are you running? If its beyond NT, there is no BDC
> and PDC. Never mind what an ADC is, or is that ACDC? Yes... your domain
> could be on the Highway to Hell.
>
> This group is supposed to be for IT professionals studying to get their
> MCSE certification. So we don't hand hold here as much. Having said
> that, I think what you need to do is check google on how to transfer
> roles.
>
> -------
>
> T-Bone
> MCNGP XL

TBone

And on the eigth day <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause the

What I think you are not understanding is there is no such thing as an

A for Additional
D for Domain,
C for Controller,

In Windows Server 2003, all domain controllers (DC) are just that. There is
no "backup" DC or "additional" DC. What can differ between them is their
roles. If you want to protect yourself from one of the DCs failing, google
on transferring roles like I said to do in my previous message.

-------

T-Bone
MCNGP XL

Kline Sphere

RTFMS means:

R for read
T for the
F for Freaking
M for manual
S for stupid, in this case, you.

HTH

On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 04:10:01 -0800, Abaaseen
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>ADC means: A for Additional
>D for Domain,
>and C for Controller,
>Hope that you will understand it now that what does it mean.
>and suppose that I am running Windows Server 2003 on both
>i-e Domain Controller and Additional Domain Controller.
>
>"TBone" wrote:
>
>> And on the eigth day <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause the
>> electrons to come together and form the following words:
>>
>> > If my Domain Controller goes down and I have an Additional Domain
>> > Controller in my Network, then how can I promot an Additional Domain
>> > Controller to a Domain Controller. i-e I want to make the ADC a DC.
>> > Please specify it in steps.

>> You really haven't provided a lot of information. For example, what
>> version of windows are you running? If its beyond NT, there is no BDC
>> and PDC. Never mind what an ADC is, or is that ACDC? Yes... your domain
>> could be on the Highway to Hell.
>>
>> This group is supposed to be for IT professionals studying to get their
>> MCSE certification. So we don't hand hold here as much. Having said
>> that, I think what you need to do is check google on how to transfer
>> roles.
>>
>> -------
>>
>> T-Bone
>> MCNGP XL

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

>And on the eigth day <(E-Mail Removed)> did cause the
>electrons to come together and form the following words:
>
>What I think you are not understanding is there is no such thing as an
>
>A for Additional
>D for Domain,
>C for Controller,
>
>In Windows Server 2003, all domain controllers (DC) are just that. There is
>no "backup" DC or "additional" DC. What can differ between them is their
>roles. If you want to protect yourself from one of the DCs failing, google
>on transferring roles like I said to do in my previous message.
>
>-------
>
>T-Bone
>MCNGP XL

excuse me, but isn't google an advanced topic?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3