Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless networking using Linksys BEFW11S4 and WMP11

Wireless networking using Linksys BEFW11S4 and WMP11

=?Utf-8?B?aGF0Y2h0?=

I am new to the wonderful world of wireless,, but I thought I could probably
figure it out, so I gave it a go the other day, and failed miserable. This
was the problem,
Connections:internet cable to the BEFW11S4 router, PC hooked to router with
OS of Home XP, also that the software installed to setup the router. Second
PC, with ME, has the WMP11 adapter installed the software installed. All
settings to obtain AUTO. I could ping, YAHOO, and LINKSYS, on the ME machine
( 4 packets sent, 4 received), but when I would bring up the browser, I
would get the "THIS PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED", I tried to set a static IP
with the XP machine off. Still the page would not load, can anyone tell me
what I may be doing wrong. Thanks

Clark

What are you showing for DNS settings?

Clark