Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > New Website to Critique

New Website to Critique

asdf

"Chris F.A. Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d2b99$49765bce$cef88ba3$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2009-01-20, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> ..
>> Verdana is an overly-large font when compared to all the other widely
>> used ones.

> Verdana is only a little larger that Helvetica or Arial.
> Helvetica/Arial is much closer in size to Verdana than it is to
> Times Roman.
>
> A page in Times with font-size: 100% is usually too small for me
> to read easily. Helvetica or Verdana is comfortable.
>
> I prefer to leave the font for blocks of text unspecified, so that
> it is at the user's preferred size and font.
>
> --
> Chris F.A. Johnson, webmaster <http://Woodbine-Gerrard.com>
> ================================================== =================
> Author:
> Shell Scripting Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach (2005, Apress)

At last! Somebody slagging off Times New Roman on accessibility grounds!
(and I agree wholeheartedly)

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias wrote:

>>> What are you, a sloe gin man? -Er, fish. As for Doritos, I used to
>>> like them but the last few times I bought them they tasted like
>>> flounder feces.
>>> Been goin' with white cheddar popcorn lately, and it's healthier, too.

>> All I ever keep around here is gin and vodka and the stuff it takes to
>> make gin-of-vodka tonics and bloody marys.

That should be "gin-or-vodka", of course.

> That's pretty hardcore. Gin is _distilled_; bourbon and scotch are
> _crafted_. I don't know what vodka is but wouldn't be surprised if it
> were an element of some Bolshevik plot designed to undermine American
> capitalism. Perhaps you should have been born a sturgeon...

Well, my father's name *was* Theodore...

--
Blinky T. "Sturgeon, of course" Shark
Killing all posts from Google Groups -

Neredbojias

On 20 Jan 2009, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> All I ever keep around here is gin and vodka and the stuff it takes
>>> to make gin-of-vodka tonics and bloody marys.

> That should be "gin-or-vodka", of course.
>
>> That's pretty hardcore. Gin is _distilled_; bourbon and scotch are
>> _crafted_. I don't know what vodka is but wouldn't be surprised if
>> it were an element of some Bolshevik plot designed to undermine
>> American capitalism. Perhaps you should have been born a
>> sturgeon...

> Well, my father's name *was* Theodore...

Ah yes, Theodore Sturgeon, the great sf writer. I was a sf fanatic
back in the "old days" and read many-a TS piece. Anyway, to let the
cat out of the bag, I don't really drink, and when I did, beer was my
primary choice. The last real favorite I remember was "St. Pauli Girl"
dark, but I think they all change in time.

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias wrote:

>> That should be "gin-or-vodka", of course.
>>
>>> That's pretty hardcore. Gin is _distilled_; bourbon and scotch are
>>> _crafted_. I don't know what vodka is but wouldn't be surprised if it
>>> were an element of some Bolshevik plot designed to undermine American
>>> capitalism. Perhaps you should have been born a sturgeon...

>> Well, my father's name *was* Theodore...

> Ah yes, Theodore Sturgeon, the great sf writer. I was a sf fanatic back
> in the "old days" and read many-a TS piece. Anyway, to let the cat out of
> the bag, I don't really drink, and when I did, beer was my primary choice.
> The last real favorite I remember was "St. Pauli Girl" dark, but I think
> they all change in time.

You never forget your first girl...

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups -

Travis Newbury

On Jan 14, 7:07*pm, javawizard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've put together an interesting little website called The Grand
> Unified Problem Solver atwww.grandsolver.com. Would you be willing
> to check it out and send me any critiques you may have?

PU