Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > New Website to Critique

New Website to Critique

javawizard

I've put together an interesting little website called The Grand
Unified Problem Solver at www.grandsolver.com . Would you be willing
to check it out and send me any critiques you may have?
Thanks,
- Jeff
www.grandsolver.com

Chris F.A. Johnson

On 2009-01-15, javawizard wrote:
> I've put together an interesting little website called The Grand
> Unified Problem Solver at www.grandsolver.com . Would you be willing
> to check it out and send me any critiques you may have?

The text is running out of the box at the right:
<http://cfaj.freeshell.org/testing/grandsolver.jpg>

Author:

Raymond Schmit

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:07:16 -0800 (PST), javawizard
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've put together an interesting little website called The Grand
>Unified Problem Solver at www.grandsolver.com . Would you be willing
>to check it out and send me any critiques you may have?

Very difficult to explain .....
- so many dark pictures on a so long page nearly empty
- no menu
- 3 choices repeated once
- after choicing one page - the only way to get back is the "back" key
- could you remove the left part ? really not needed.

Bergamot

javawizard wrote:
> I've put together an interesting little website called The Grand
> Unified Problem Solver at www.grandsolver.com

http://www.bergamotus.ws/screenshots/grandsolver.png
I don't get it.

--
Berg

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

javawizard wrote:

> I've put together an interesting little website

...several years ago...

> called The Grand Unified Problem Solver at www.grandsolver.com . Would
> you be willing to check it out and send me any critiques you may
> have?
> Thanks,
> - Jeff
> www.grandsolver.com

<frame src="http://www.odd-info.com/grand" frameborder="0" />

Same domain you've been posting for years. I don't see any improvement
in your style. Same old markup. Just a new domain name stealthed in
frames. You're still using FrontPlague 4.0 and a mess of google ads.

<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html.critique/browse_thread/thread/6d3a29bf631e461?q=%22odd-info.com%22>
<http://groups.google.com/group/alt.html/browse_thread/thread/12ec6775e207202f?q=%22odd-info.com%22>

--
-bts

asdf

"andrew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)-corner.org...
> On 2009-01-15, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I remember the 60s. This site reminds me of one particular incident
>> involving huge amounts of bourbon and pot, baked beans, hot dogs, pizza
>> ... need I say more?

> Your post has stimulated me to revive an old page of mine:
>
> Rough Justice in the HTML Newsgroups
> http://www.andrews-corner.org/rough_justice.html
>
> and of course your post has been added. Anybody remember the infamous
> 'pig's vomit' comment?
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> echo '(E-Mail Removed)' | \
> tr 'A-M N-Z a-m n-z' 'N-Z A-M n-z a-m'

man... u got waaaaaay to much time on your hands

Blinky the Shark

Neredbojias wrote:

> On 14 Jan 2009, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> javawizard wrote:
>>> I've put together an interesting little website called The Grand
>>> Unified Problem Solver at www.grandsolver.com . Would you be willing to
>>> check it out and send me any critiques you may have? Thanks,
>>> - Jeff
>>> www.grandsolver.com

>> I remember the 60s. This site reminds me of one particular incident
>> involving huge amounts of bourbon and pot, baked beans, hot dogs, pizza
>> ... need I say more?

> No, but why you are belaboring your lack of taste eludes me. Hopefully,
> old age has brought you at least some, uh, refinement.

Ya old fart.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups -

Neredbojias

On 15 Jan 2009, Ed Mullen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> I remember the 60s. This site reminds me of one particular
>>> incident involving huge amounts of bourbon and pot, baked beans,
>>> hot dogs, pizza ... need I say more?

>> No, but why you are belaboring your lack of taste eludes me.
>> Hopefully, old age has brought you at least some, uh, refinement.

> It has. I never mix hot dogs, baked beans and pizza anymore unless
> separated by at least 24 hours.

Huh? The point was that pot goes with scotch, not bourbon...

--
Neredbojias
http://www.neredbojias.org/

Neredbojias

On 15 Jan 2009, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> I remember the 60s. This site reminds me of one particular
>>> incident involving huge amounts of bourbon and pot, baked beans,
>>> hot dogs, pizza ... need I say more?

>> No, but why you are belaboring your lack of taste eludes me.
>> Hopefully, old age has brought you at least some, uh, refinement.

> Ya old fart.

Ya know, the older a fart gets, the more it dissipates until eventually
it becomes so tenuous that it can no longer logically be considered a
fart at all. Ergo, when I stop stinking, I'm dead though I may be "one
with the universe".

--

Neredbojias wrote:

>>> No, but why you are belaboring your lack of taste eludes me. Hopefully,
>>> old age has brought you at least some, uh, refinement.

>> Ya old fart.
>>

> Ya know, the older a fart gets, the more it dissipates until eventually it
> becomes so tenuous that it can no longer logically be considered a fart at
> all. Ergo, when I stop stinking, I'm dead though I may be "one with the
> universe".

As the zen master said to the hot dog vendor, "Make me one with everything."