Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Poisoned Beauty

Re: Poisoned Beauty

Peter

"Alan Smithee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Al Bar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>A set of my lovely friend Christina Lowery transformed into Snow White
>>biting a poisoned apple:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mesolim...7612458230806/

> Bit over-exposed.

If you over expose deliberately it's sometimes called high key

--
Peter

ASAAR

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:27:16 -0800, Al Bar wrote:

>> If you over expose deliberately it's sometimes called high key

> Nice, that sounds much more fancy! =)

And much nicer than ho_key. Nice pictures, thanks to you and
(as you said) your lovely friend Christina. I'll guess that you
both enjoyed making them.

Vance

On Jan 13, 5:26*pm, "Peter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Alan Smithee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> > "Al Bar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> >>A set of my lovely friend Christina Lowery transformed into Snow White
> >>biting a poisoned apple:

> >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mesolim...7612458230806/

> > Bit over-exposed. *

> If you over expose deliberately it's sometimes called high key
>
> --
> Peter

High key is not overexposed. Totally different things.

Vance

Peter

"Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter wrote:
>> "Alan Smithee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "Al Bar" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Bit over-exposed.

>> If you over expose deliberately it's sometimes called high key

> With an otherwise nominally exposed photo you can mix to this effect in
> photoshop (drive the pale tones white; drive the apple to deep red).

Had not thought of that. I imagine it can be done without creating a
selection. My wife will hate you for suggesting this.

--
Peter

Peter

"Alan Smithee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Alan Browne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> If you over expose deliberately it's sometimes called high key

>> With an otherwise nominally exposed photo you can mix to this effect in
>> photoshop (drive the pale tones white; drive the apple to deep red).

> We were messing around, hence the

Sometimes messing around stimulates the creative juices.

--
Peter Alan just helped me through a blockage.

Hoe poisoned in Rubyforge Eric Hodel Ruby 39 01-18-2007 02:16 AM
The beauty of TCP/IP Roedy Green Java 36 01-06-2006 09:15 PM
Solve this beauty Sharp Tool Java 19 10-28-2005 07:26 PM
Hillary was not poisoned! Rick_Sobie Digital Photography 1 02-27-2005 02:23 AM
JAXP - perhaps beauty is only in the eye of the beholder Frank Java 1 11-22-2004 02:45 AM

Advertisments