Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to find if a field has been edited?

How to find if a field has been edited?

Sunil Menon

Dear All,
I have a ASP.Net application where I am having a multi-line field
that has a long data type....I would like to save this field only if
it has been edited...I don't want to save the value in ViewState and
check if its value has been changed as it will take up lot of
bytes...is there a simpler method??

Please help

TALIA
Many Regards
Sunil

isaac nicolay

Sounds like what you want to do is use the TextBox.TextChanged event.

http://www.studentshopper.com/

(E-Mail Removed) (Sunil Menon) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Dear All,
> I have a ASP.Net application where I am having a multi-line field
> that has a long data type....I would like to save this field only if
> it has been edited...I don't want to save the value in ViewState and
> check if its value has been changed as it will take up lot of
> bytes...is there a simpler method??
>
> Please help
>
> TALIA
> Many Regards
> Sunil

Sunil Menon

I am implementing the TextChanged event on the server side...does it
have any side effects of "Speed"...what if I trap the TextChanged
event for a 20 fields on my Form...will "Speed" be effected...will it
eat Server resources??
Has anyone implemented this workflow successfully??

Thanks & Regards
Sunil