Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Windows XP Home

Windows XP Home

=?Utf-8?B?R2xlbiBKLiBEaXN0ZWZhbm8=?=

Is it possible to attached a windows xp home edition workstation to a Windows
2003 Server 3 network? I have changed teh workgroup to be the domain name
but it still does not seem to see the network.

Glen Distefano

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Only Windows XP Professional is designed to join a domain.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...xp/choose.mspx

"Glen J. Distefano" wrote:

| Is it possible to attached a windows xp home edition workstation to a Windows
| 2003 Server 3 network? I have changed teh workgroup to be the domain name
| but it still does not seem to see the network.
|
| Glen Distefano

Malke

Glen J. Distefano wrote:

> Is it possible to attached a windows xp home edition workstation to a
> Windows
> 2003 Server 3 network? I have changed teh workgroup to be the domain
> name but it still does not seem to see the network.
>
> Glen Distefano

As Carey said, XP Home can't join a domain. However, you can use domain
resources with it. Here is a link to help with that:

Windows XP Home : Accessing data on a Domain Server -
http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxphdoms.htm

Also, don't post your real unmunged email address on Usenet and
messageboards. It will be harvested by spambots. Here's a link
explaining that:

http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

Malke
--