Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Revisited: CD Audio Disk Read Problem

Revisited: CD Audio Disk Read Problem

smackedass

Hello again,

If you remember, I was having trouble getting a CD to play music. Thanks to
all who responded. But nothing worked...til today.

I took the computer home on an overnight, and installed a DVD player, along
with CyberLink. CyberLink wouldn't work properly, either, but it did give
me an error message that pointed me in the right direction:

"The specified device is not open or is not recognized by MCI."

I googled that, and came up with this.

http://www.jsifaq.com/SF/Tips/Tip.aspx?id=10090

That was it, a missing registry string. Added the one that referred to the
CD, and it works.

Thanks, again.

smackedass