Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > BartPE and ClamWin Antivirus

BartPE and ClamWin Antivirus

Victek

I've just created my first rescue CD using BartPE. I included ClamWin and
while starts up ok it won't actually scan. It fails because it can't update
the virus definitions. Obviously it cannot write to the CD, but there must
be a way to configure it. Any help appreciated.

Gerard Bok

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 19:02:03 -0700, "Victek" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I've just created my first rescue CD using BartPE. I included ClamWin and
>while starts up ok it won't actually scan. It fails because it can't update
>the virus definitions. Obviously it cannot write to the CD, but there must
>be a way to configure it. Any help appreciated.

You normally expand a packed application into the RAM-drive that
is created.
Then you download and install the updates in that RAM-drive.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

perl in BartPE: locale warning Ilya Zakharevich Perl Misc 5 01-11-2010 02:11 PM
BARTPE ISO Creation Problem Zo Computer Support 2 04-01-2009 01:19 PM
Anything similar to BartPE without Windows setup CD? miles__ahead@hotmail.com Computer Support 3 03-01-2005 10:33 PM
Clamwin Sue Doo Nym Computer Security 8 02-28-2005 02:02 PM
Clamwin V AVG/Avast/AntiVir etc Sue Doo Nym Computer Security 8 01-17-2005 06:54 PM

Advertisments