Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Req: Help for Diagnostic Tools & Software TIA

Req: Help for Diagnostic Tools & Software TIA

Snoopy :-))

Hi

I am trying to start an "On Site Technician Service"

I would appreciate some recommendations regarding Diagnostic Material
(Hardware & Software, Etc...) needed.

I already have some of them, but would really appreciate a helping
hand.

TIA

Best regards
Charles

middle_class_warrior

Snoopy ) wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to start an "On Site Technician Service"
>
> I would appreciate some recommendations regarding Diagnostic Material
> (Hardware & Software, Etc...) needed.
>
> I already have some of them, but would really appreciate a helping
> hand.
>
> TIA
>
> Best regards
> Charles

A BIOS card that fits in a PCI slot may help with dead PC. A power
supply tester will also help. Buy a multi-purpose cable tester, too.

Snoopy :-))

Thanks for your input

Just recently I got the BartPe. and created the Basic Boot CD.
Now I am trying to Learn how to Create a Custumized Bart CD.
It's abit Overwhelming.

Thanks for the "Bootdisk Link"

All the Best
Snoopy )
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:09:05 -0400, "Zac"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What a great question. I can't wait to read some of the other replies.
>
>I would recommend hardware diagnostic software like Everest, (or Aida, if
>you can still get it). Also, I have found that a properly created BartPE
>Disk is very useful in diagnosing hardware because you can boot to a windows
>environment on a CD. Thus, in many instances, you can tell right away
>whether the problem is hardware or software related.
>
>A good jumping off point is www.bootdisk.com.
>
>Good Luck,
>
>Zac
>
>"Snoopy )" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Hi
>>
>> I am trying to start an "On Site Technician Service"
>>
>> I would appreciate some recommendations regarding Diagnostic Material
>> (Hardware & Software, Etc...) needed.
>>
>> I already have some of them, but would really appreciate a helping
>> hand.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Best regards
>> Charles

smackedass

Migod, I haven't beat Mr. Watzman to his thunder?

A reliable memory tester will always come in handy. There's one that comes
part of the bundle that is posted at bootdisk.com, as is mentioned above;
this one, I believe is called Memtest.

smackedass