Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > RJ45 Wiring help needed....

RJ45 Wiring help needed....

Patrick Q

A friend of mine brought over some Cat6 wire, wanted me to put ends on it.

I stripped it down and didn't see the standard orange, blue, green and
brown... Instead it is orange, brown, grayish and clear.

What is the 568B pin order I should be using for a standard end?

Much appreciated.

Patrick

middle_class_warrior

Patrick Q wrote:
> A friend of mine brought over some Cat6 wire, wanted me to put ends on it.
>
> I stripped it down and didn't see the standard orange, blue, green and
> brown... Instead it is orange, brown, grayish and clear.
>
> What is the 568B pin order I should be using for a standard end?
>
> Much appreciated.
>

> Patrick

You are going to simply have to substitute the colors. As long as both
ends of the cable match, it will work.