Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Zoom out of Business?

Reply
Thread Tools

Zoom out of Business?

 
 
smackedass
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2007
Hello,

I've been trying to get to the Zoom.com site for the last week or so, and it
keeps timing out. Could Zoom have gone out of business?

Thanks, in advance,

smackedass

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
smackedass
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2007

Well, they couldn't have gone out of business because there are several very
recent business articles that talk about their current affairs, but what's
up with the Web site? Doesn't look good for a major player networking
company to be down all the time...

sa

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
smackedass
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-08-2007

Turns out that I can't get to the Zoom site thru Firefox; it works fine
through IE. And that's just as bad as the site being down, in my opinion...

sa

 
Reply With Quote
 
Vino Tinto
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-08-2007
smackedass wrote:
>
> Turns out that I can't get to the Zoom site thru Firefox; it works fine
> through IE. And that's just as bad as the site being down, in my
> opinion...
>
> sa



Working fine here using Firefox.

Vino
 
Reply With Quote
 
Patty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-08-2007
On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:21:52 GMT, smackedass wrote:

> Turns out that I can't get to the Zoom site thru Firefox; it works fine
> through IE. And that's just as bad as the site being down, in my opinion...
>
> sa


I'm having no problems through Firefox v2.0.0.6. It works fine. You need
java installed.

Patty
 
Reply With Quote
 
smackedass
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-09-2007

>
> I'm having no problems through Firefox v2.0.0.6. It works fine. You need
> java installed.
>
> Patty


You were right, by golly. I was never prompted that I needed it.

A word of warning: Firefox running on Vista DID NOT automatically prompt me
to upgrade my version of Java. I don't know who's to blame, Microsoft,
Java, or Mozilla, but it's obviously an oversight on someone's part.

Just to verify that I wasn't going crazy, I went downstairs, fired up the XP
box, went to the Zoom site from Firefox, and was immediately prompted to
download and install the latest version of Java Runtime Environment.

Thank you, Patty.

sa


 
Reply With Quote
 
Patty
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-10-2007
On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 16:24:01 GMT, smackedass wrote:

>>
>> I'm having no problems through Firefox v2.0.0.6. It works fine. You need
>> java installed.
>>
>> Patty

>
> You were right, by golly. I was never prompted that I needed it.
>
> A word of warning: Firefox running on Vista DID NOT automatically prompt me
> to upgrade my version of Java. I don't know who's to blame, Microsoft,
> Java, or Mozilla, but it's obviously an oversight on someone's part.
>
> Just to verify that I wasn't going crazy, I went downstairs, fired up the XP
> box, went to the Zoom site from Firefox, and was immediately prompted to
> download and install the latest version of Java Runtime Environment.
>
> Thank you, Patty.
>
> sa


You're very welcome.

Patty
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
zoom In/zoom Out an Image dwurity@gmail.com Java 1 02-15-2005 01:55 PM
zoom In/zoom Out an Image dwurity@gmail.com Java 1 02-14-2005 03:16 PM
zoom In/zoom Out an Image dwurity@gmail.com Java 0 02-14-2005 11:43 AM
Re: Difference between C-40 zoom [D-40 zoom] and c-4000 zoom Stefan Patric Digital Photography 0 08-23-2003 06:58 PM
Re: Difference between C-40 zoom [D-40 zoom] and c-4000 zoom Ronny Svensson Digital Photography 0 08-23-2003 06:22 PM



Advertisments