Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Good prep book

Good prep book

Wild Duck

Hello, I have decided to go ahead and try to get my A+ certification
to enhance my resume, and also my personal business. I was wondering
what are some good books to look at to help prepare me for the exams,
and also some websites with information would be helpful. Thanks

Chuck

Dan Stephen

Here are a few resources that I've found helpful:

THE Book

All-in-one CompTIA A+ Certification Guide - Sixth Edition 2007
Mike Meyers)
(By far the best book I've seen and used. Even if you are not aiming for
the cert. you can learn a great deal from this book.)

Several websites:

Studynotes
http://studynotes.net/Essentials-Study-Guide

(Have a good look through this sight. It has an A+ study guide but it's
in an early stage of development.)

Proprofs
http://www.proprofs.com/certificatio...us/index.shtml

(Heaps of current info.)

Flash cards are an effective way to learn so as you go through your
study material jot down the information you'd like to put on them.

Keeping a notebook and taking brief notes is, for me anyway, essential.
Apparently the act of writing things down helps to fix the information
in your memory.

Get as much practical experience as you can. (get PC, strip it down,
rebuild it etc)

Hope these suggestions help.

Cheers,

Dannobyte

Steve

On Aug 5, 4:23 am, Dan Stephen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Here are a few resources that I've found helpful:
>
> THE Book
>
> All-in-one CompTIA A+ Certification Guide - Sixth Edition 2007
> Mike Meyers)
> (By far the best book I've seen and used. Even if you are not aiming for
> the cert. you can learn a great deal from this book.)
>
> Several websites:
>
> Studynoteshttp://studynotes.net/Essentials-Study-Guide
>
> (Have a good look through this sight. It has an A+ study guide but it's
> in an early stage of development.)
>
> Proprofshttp://www.proprofs.com/certification/comptia/a-plus/index.shtml
>
> (Heaps of current info.)
>
> Flash cards are an effective way to learn so as you go through your
> study material jot down the information you'd like to put on them.
>
> Keeping a notebook and taking brief notes is, for me anyway, essential.
> Apparently the act of writing things down helps to fix the information
> in your memory.
>
> Get as much practical experience as you can. (get PC, strip it down,
> rebuild it etc)
>
> Hope these suggestions help.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dannobyte

I like the Mike Meyers book, too. I also go to www.totalsem.com ;
that's the website for the book. There's a bunch of good info there,
plus you can buy books, DVD's, exam vouchers, and a bunch of other
stuff from them.

Steve

Patty

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 04:18:09 -0000, Steve wrote:

> I like the Mike Meyers book, too. I also go to www.totalsem.com ;
> that's the website for the book. There's a bunch of good info there,
> plus you can buy books, DVD's, exam vouchers, and a bunch of other
> stuff from them.
>
> Steve

They also have a pretty good forum where you can ask questions and get
information from folks who have already taken the tests.

Patty