Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: Re Freezing Bios screen

Re: Re Freezing Bios screen

jason.ashley2@gmail.com

On Jul 1, 5:01 am, johan jansen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Everybody ,
>
> I trying to fix a friends computer where their bios screen freeze
> interminatly and very infrequently .
>
> I have so far tested the output of the power supply which all checks out
> with a multimeter .
>
> I have run a software test on the ram memory no errors shown but will
> try and swap them around to see if it makes any difference.
>
> I have also checked to make sure their is no overheating on the system .
>
> Could anybody else suggest any other likely causes ? I am thinking is
> could be the motherboard itself hope I am wrong.
>
> Thanks in advance

I had a smiller problem, my cpu chip went bad and to frooze up during
the same area. The problem could be related to the RAM being used can
is causing it to lock or freeze in the bios. Try flashing the bois. If
you are sure it is the hard drive. install the drive into your
computer to see if you get the same thing. if you do, the mater boot
record is bad and you will need to fix it. If that is not the case
take a closer look at the RAM, CPU and motherboard. How old is the
computer? what type of motherboard and CPU are is he using?
Good luck.
Jason A