Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > win 98 not working after ms drivers update

win 98 not working after ms drivers update

Sean Cleary

Hi,
I have a win98 system. It has an ethernet connection to the router
supplied by verizon. I updated a driver from the microsoft update
service My ethernet connection stopped working. The driver was a 825
driver. I went in and went back to the old driver, rebooted, changed
device status to uncheck the disable in this hardware profile box.

It still is not working. Verizon will not help. The network adapter
section of the device manager of system properties is clean. What
should I do next?

Sean

Sean Cleary

On Jul 3, 8:36 pm, Sean Cleary <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a win98 system. It has an ethernet connection to the router
> supplied by verizon. I updated a driver from the microsoft update
> service My ethernet connection stopped working. The driver was a 825
> driver. I went in and went back to the old driver, rebooted, changed
> device status to uncheck the disable in this hardware profile box.
>
> It still is not working. Verizon will not help. The network adapter
> section of the device manager of system properties is clean. What
> should I do next?
>
> Sean

OK, it was the driver, and I am still working on that, not the
connections, not the net.
Sean