Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Weird PCAnywhere problem

Weird PCAnywhere problem

Tony

One of my clients needs to have a new employee work from home and access their server at their
office. I installed PCA 11 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server, created a host, did the ddns, and it is
waiting for a connection. I went to the employee's house and installed PCA on her XP machine and
connected to the server. However, the remote screen was a series of icons vertically lined up. You
couldnt really click on any of them. For instance there was a Quickbooks 2003 ideas icon that looks
like a lightbulb. On the client end of PCA, you see 20 lightbulbs lined up vertically next to
another line of icons. Clicking does nothing.

Has anyone ever seen this? I did some research and according to Symantec, it means that the Host
screen settings is set to 16 colors. I went back to the office today and it was set for 800x600
32bit so that isnt the problem here. I set it to it's highest setting 1024x768 and it made no
difference.

Anyone have any ideas? I have a pic that I can email.

Tony

smackedass

Would it be possible to try to use a different video card, and see what
happens?

sa