Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > OT: MSI K9N Platinum WARNING !!

OT: MSI K9N Platinum WARNING !!

Lamneth

According to http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34206 and a
Tech Support rep at MSI

These are the only boards affected by random shut downs due to a bad
capacitor when Burning DVD's or doing various CPU intensive operations, but
it's bullshit. ADD 601-7250-070 to the list also. I run a PC shop and I have
just sent all 12 of mine to RMA, regardless of what the Support person
said.. Stay away from this board unless you plan on getting an RMA for it. I
am not sure at this point if the SLI version of the board has the bad
capacitor or not. I could replace the capacitors myself but it would kill
the warranties. I hope the folks at MSI are embarassed and wont let this
**** happen again.

Just a heads up folks....

Later,

Lamneth