Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > A+ magazines and reading material

A+ magazines and reading material

simon9797@hotmail.com

I am thinking of doing my A+ exam and would appreciate details of any
books which I should study and are there any magazines available here
in the uk which are helpfull. Thanks.

Adebisi

On Apr 20, 6:18 am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I am thinking of doing my A+ exam and would appreciate details of any
> books which I should study and are there any magazines available here
> in the uk which are helpfull. Thanks.

I cannot recommend any books by name, but I found the very best study
aid I could buy was pre-printed flash cards.

If you find a set of those, I would grab em.

I totally smoked my A+ exam thanks to those babies. The A+ is not a
hard exam, but I would ad that this is provided you have studied. I
think anyone who has not studied the exact content the exam tests for
would find it a bit more difficult then most credit it to be.

Tom Miller

>I am thinking of doing my A+ exam and would appreciate details of any
> books which I should study and are there any magazines available here
> in the uk which are helpfull. Thanks.

I had good luck with the Dummies guide to A+ for the actual exam
preperation. But if your wanting to learn what an A+ does you need one of
the 200+ page books rather than an "exam prep" guide. Another good resource
is: http://www.certmag.com/ You can subscribe to the paper version for
free.

--
Tom Miller, Occasional PowerUser (Mcp, Mous, A+) and sometime Web Developer
Wannabe, More at: http://bccs.chatnfiles.com/ecard3.htm, International

eDog

Not sure what you mean by "200+ page books".

The shorter books (like FastTrack. FastPass etc) all come in close to 200
pages and the complete exam prep books come in at around 1200 pages these
days.

When I see a book for this particular exam coming in at around a 1000
pages, I feel like the author is using too many words to communicate
effectively. I think the book publishers are competing with each other to
market the "biggest book" on a given topic.

Thomson which has its tentacles in all kinds of computer aided intruction
and computer based testing for more than just the IT field has some books
out I am considering the "A+ In Depth Boook" for the 2006 objectives and
it too comes in at over 1000 pages *sigh*

"Tom Miller" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:4634835c$0$8555$(E-Mail Removed):