Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Windows 2000 Profiles

Windows 2000 Profiles

Demetrios

I have a Windows 2000 service pack 4 machine on a workgroup. I removed a
user and deleted a 23 GB profile, but none of the disk space was recovered.
Is there any way to recover this disk space without a reformat? Scandisk
and defrag did not help.

Thank you,

Demetrios

smackedass

"Demetrios" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:S64Ih.19711$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Windows 2000 service pack 4 machine on a workgroup. I removed a
>user and deleted a 23 GB profile, but none of the disk space was recovered.
>Is there any way to recover this disk space without a reformat? ...etc...>

Did you then delete temp files and the contents of the Recycle Bin?

sa

Demetrios

smackedass wrote:
> "Demetrios" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:S64Ih.19711$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I have a Windows 2000 service pack 4 machine on a workgroup. I removed a
>>user and deleted a 23 GB profile, but none of the disk space was recovered.
>>Is there any way to recover this disk space without a reformat? ...etc...>

> Did you then delete temp files and the contents of the Recycle Bin?
>
> sa

Yes.

Demetrios

Demetrios

smackedass wrote:
> "Demetrios" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:S64Ih.19711$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I have a Windows 2000 service pack 4 machine on a workgroup. I removed a
>>user and deleted a 23 GB profile, but none of the disk space was recovered.
>>Is there any way to recover this disk space without a reformat? ...etc...>

> Did you then delete temp files and the contents of the Recycle Bin?
>
> sa

Yes, the temp files and recycle bin were deleted and emptied.

Demetrios

Demetrios

Sorry for the double post.

Demetrios