Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Epson Stylus CX5800F Scanner Problem

Epson Stylus CX5800F Scanner Problem

smackedass

Here's a copy of an email that I just sent off to Epson. They have no
online chat technicians, shame...

Hello, I am unable to scan with my CX5800F all-in-one.

Specs:

Epson Stylus CX5800F:

Serial Number:G4EV240285
Date Purchased: Aug. 20, 2006

Computer:

HP Pavillion 750N
Windows XP SP2
256 MB RAM

At first, every time that I went to the EPSON Scan utility, the entire
computer would crash, and I would get an "Encountered an Error" message
after Windows rebooted. Then I went to the Epson site, and downloaded the
TWAIN driver, epson11750, un-installed the older Scan driver, unzipped and
installed the new one. Now the computer doesn't crash, but the Epson scan
utility doesn't come up, it simply opens and turns off very quickly.

The printer prints fine, great, in fact; the copier works fine; I have yet
to use the fax.

The icon, EPSON Stylus CX5700F/CX5800F appears in Control Panel/Scanners and
Cameras. However, when I attempt to add a new driver, choosing "Have Disk"
and pointing to
C:\Epson\epson11750_cx58f_twain_driver_and_epson_s can_utility_275a, the
driver is not "seen".

I also updated the driver through Device Manager; here, Windows "saw" the
driver, and installed it. I still can't scan.

I have tried two different USB ports, one v. 1.0 and one v. 2.0.

I have tried two different USB cables through each of the USB ports, both
1.0 and 2.0.

When I run the Scanner and Camera Wizard, I get the message, "The computer
cannot find the camera or scanner", etc.

I am an expert user, and a professional technician/consultant; perhaps there
is an obvious answer right in front of me that I am not seeing...

Please help.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Ken Newton, Proprietor