Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Ole Control Activation Failed

Ole Control Activation Failed

Richard

I am having trouble watching my instruction videos on My computer. Each is
equipped with an auto start feature on the disc...They feature digital video
displays and audio. I put each in the CD Player or the DVD player and get
the same result. The auto start loads properly and I can begin to watch the
programs. Sometimes, however, I have a box show up on the screen saying
"Ole control activation failed". From that point on I cannot close that box
by hitting OK it reappears. I have tried Alt>F4 to close the box, that
doesn't work, and then I have to hit CTRL>ALT>DEL ( the three finger salute)
to bring up the task bar in Windows XP and then stop that programming from
running. The instructions with the discs says that you might have to enter
Direct X and/or flash to watch the videos. This I have done. I have also
ran a virus check and spyware checker on my system. I am not familiar with
the "OLE error" With the autostart function it has its own video screen.

I have several discs that do the same thing whether in the DVD
player/recorder or the CD. Does anyone know how to deal with this problem?

"Python failed to load the default activation context" - should I worry? Bill Davy Python 1 06-08-2010 04:31 PM
Ole ole Patrick.O.Ige ASP .Net 0 07-16-2006 08:10 AM
NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource but activation.jar is present ! Marine Java 3 02-15-2006 10:06 AM
Creating an OLE server document in Python (MFC/OLE/COM/Python newbie) Drew Pihera Python 0 02-04-2004 07:48 PM
Win32::OLE adding shape to OLE Object (xlsheet) in PPT Lance Hoffmeyer Perl Misc 0 11-17-2003 07:44 PM

Advertisments