Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Can't Print from Outlook Express 6

Can't Print from Outlook Express 6

smackedass

Hello,

I used to know of a very simple solution, something in Tools/Options, one
one of those tabs, that would usually solve this.

For the life of me, I can't remember what it was; a quick (first page)
Google search linked to a 3rd party fix (IEFix; tried it, it didn't work), a
bunch of Registry edits that look a little dicey, and some Microsoft Help
and Support pages, that don't seem to apply.

Does anybody know that I'm referring to, something nested somewhere in
Tools/Options?

Any responses will be very much appreciated.

Thanks, again, in advance,

smackedass

smackedass

Just in case anybody cares, running these 2 commands proved to be the fix
that worked:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll

Regards,

smackedass

Tom Miller

What kind of error were you getting? Have you considered a newsgroup called
"24 hour help desk" for this kind of question? I read your reply to
yourself. I don't understand how opening a .dll file with the registry
editor helps.... If all your doing is opening it and saving it......

Thanks,
Tom

"smackedass" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsOFRg.3412$SD5.171@trndny01...
> Hello,
>
> I used to know of a very simple solution, something in Tools/Options, one
> one of those tabs, that would usually solve this.
>
> For the life of me, I can't remember what it was; a quick (first page)
> Google search linked to a 3rd party fix (IEFix; tried it, it didn't work),

> bunch of Registry edits that look a little dicey, and some Microsoft Help
> and Support pages, that don't seem to apply.
>
> Does anybody know that I'm referring to, something nested somewhere in
> Tools/Options?
>
> Any responses will be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks, again, in advance,
>
> smackedass

mhaase-at-springmind.com

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:58:26 -0500, "Tom Miller"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What kind of error were you getting? Have you considered a newsgroup called
>"24 hour help desk" for this kind of question? I read your reply to
>yourself. I don't understand how opening a .dll file with the registry
>editor helps.... If all your doing is opening it and saving it......

Tom, the lines:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll

Re-register those two DLL's with the OS.

smackedass

Yes, it worked, I promise.

smackie