Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > A+ Certification > Re: PASSED! Now what?

Re: PASSED! Now what?

smackedass

Start your own business.

smackedass

"cbob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FzTPg.42881$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>I just passed my A+ tests yesterday. I plan on getting my NET+ next, but
> really need to get a job. Any advice on where to look? I have checked
> out wanted ads and employment and temp agencies, but don't know what would
> be best. Should I simply start sending my resume to local companies?
> While this is my first cert, I also have a bachelors degree in an
> unrelated field.
>
> Thanks for the advice!
>
> -Carlo

fluteloop85@gmail.com

That would be nice, maybe someday. I should also mention that I am
flat broke

smackedass wrote:
> Start your own business.
>
> smackedass
>

> "cbob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:FzTPg.42881$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> >I just passed my A+ tests yesterday. I plan on getting my NET+ next, but
> > really need to get a job. Any advice on where to look? I have checked
> > out wanted ads and employment and temp agencies, but don't know what would
> > be best. Should I simply start sending my resume to local companies?
> > While this is my first cert, I also have a bachelors degree in an
> > unrelated field.
> >
> > Thanks for the advice!
> >
> > -Carlo

smackedass

> smackedass wrote:
>> Start your own business.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> That would be nice, maybe someday. I should also mention that I am
> flat broke

I'm sorry, my rather direct response may have come off as being a rather
facetious response. I shall now elaborate...

-You have a bachelor's degree, in an unrelated field. May I presume that
you're now intending to switch careers? If that's the plan, UNLESS you have
a fair amount of informal IT experience, and have a resume, and references,
and can produce fast answers during an IT position interview, you're in for
an uphill battle. While IT is in somewhat of an economic rebound, the
competition is still fierce. (Well, maybe you're great looking, or have
great connections, or have some unusual quality...if any or all of these
apply, please ignore my rant and accept my aplolgies)

In the meantime, during your search, do yourself a favor: attempt to start
your own business. You'll learn more than you could ever imagine, you will
make at least, a little bit of money while you're unemployed, you'll find
contacts, and, who knows, you just make a go of it on your own!

As far as being flat broke: one never knows, they might get flat brokER,
while holding out for a "dream" job. While you're sitting around, hopefully
doing not absolutely nothing, get OUT there, say to people, hey, I can help
you...I don't know where you are, geographically, but there are SO MANY
CLUELESS PEOPLE out there, they're not that hard to find, and most of them
NEED to USE their computer, for one thing or another! No, you won't become
a millionaire today or tomorrow, but a proactive approach is better than no
approach.

My very best, sincere, wishes,

smackedass

Tom Miller

Best Buys Greek Squad hires A+ types. Lots of "Help Desk" /Customer Support
Representatives want A+ as part of their screenouts. So while searching for
A+ on www.careerbuilder.com doesn't produce that many responses, help desk
does....

Tom

news:bmKQg.50924$(E-Mail Removed) ...